Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the better trainer Joel Diaz or Kevin Cunningham??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cunningham is a crackhead.........how can a drug addict be good at guiding others

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by alb829 View Post
      It's funny that you can make an assumption about how best to relay things to Devon while not knowing either Devon Alexander or Kevin Cunningham. I would think that Kevin if anyone would know how to best communicate with Devon seeing how they have trained together in some capacity since Devon was a 7 year old.

At either rate. Are yall discounting Kevin's other World Champion? He did train Corey Spinks as well. I'm not very familiar with Joel Diaz outside Bradley and his past career in the ring. What other well known fighters does he have?
      The same Spinks that just got beat by K9 Brundrage? Just checking

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        The same Spinks that just got beat by K9 Brundrage? Just checking
        For your information....No....he no longer trains Corey Spinks....Buddy McGirt had the honor....but nice try.....You have to give credit for Champions whether you want to or not.

Comment

For your information....No....he no longer trains Corey Spinks....Buddy McGirt had the honor....but nice try.....You have to give credit for Champions whether you want to or not.
          Wonder why he left Cunningham?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Wonder why he left Cunningham?
            Wrong yet again......Cunningham left him because Corey wasn't dedicated to training.

Comment

Wrong yet again......Cunningham left him because Corey wasn't dedicated to training.
              Thanks....was just asking a question though, appreciate the correction I guess

Comment

Don't bother trying to bring an objective view. When people see "Who's the better trainer?", they automatically replace the word trainer with fighter. Ask "Who's the better trainer: Roach or Mayweather?", it really isn't even a fair comparison, but you'll see how many loons will come out the wood work. And that's for both sides.

Since I don't know a second fighter Diaz has trained on a Spinks level, it's Cunningham.

Anybody that can train a fighter with no power and good, but not great speed to 2 (almost 3) titles and #1 in different divisions gets immense props from me.

A trainer should be judged on his fighters' skills, game plan, and the advice and he gives him (but the only one we're privy to is in the corner) and pep talks. Damn, after I typed that, I noticed how cushy Alton Merkeson must've been during all his years with Jones Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by omarinbox View Post
                  Another problem is he doesn't have the voice of a guy whose advice you'd trust.

All squeaky and hyped up in a fight. You want to get to that corner and get some rest.
                  I could not agree with you more...

Comment

It's funny that you can make an assumption about how best to relay things to Devon while not knowing either Devon Alexander or Kevin Cunningham. I would think that Kevin if anyone would know how to best communicate with Devon seeing how they have trained together in some capacity since Devon was a 7 year old.

At either rate. Are yall discounting Kevin's other World Champion? He did train Corey Spinks as well. I'm not very familiar with Joel Diaz outside Bradley and his past career in the ring. What other well known fighters does he have?
                    He also trained his brother Arnaoutis I think is his name...But he is fairly new from what I gather from him..As far as how to talk too Devon in the corner,all I now is it did not look like Devon responed well to the instruction he was getting.TBH I did'int think he was getting anything sound my self.Box him Box him Box him is not great instructions.He need somebody to reel him in and calm him down Cunningham was not that voice.

As for him training Spinks,you talk as if Spinks is some great champ??He beat Mayorga who has'int?Then get's his ass handed to him(IMO)twice by Judah.So please..

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                      Don't bother trying to bring an objective view. When people see "Who's the better trainer?", they automatically replace the word trainer with fighter. Ask "Who's the better trainer: Roach or Mayweather?", it really isn't even a fair comparison, but you'll see how many loons will come out the wood work. And that's for both sides.

Since I don't know a second fighter Diaz has trained on a Spinks level, it's Cunningham.

Anybody that can train a fighter with no power and good, but not great speed to 2 (almost 3) titles and #1 in different divisions gets immense props from me.

A trainer should be judged on his fighters' skills, game plan, and the advice and he gives him (but the only one we're privy to is in the corner) and pep talks. Damn, after I typed that, I noticed how cushy Alton Merkeson must've been during all his years with Jones Jr.
                      Real cushy it was a dream job..I respect ya view on this subject.But I believe the best trainer show's up when his fight is in tough.Everytime one of Cunningham's fighter are in trouble there is never any sound advice..It's always yelling and cursing.Diaz IMO comes off as calm and now's how to clam his fighter so that he can hear the instructions clearly...I think just cause you are more experienced does not make you the better trainer(In this situation at least)

Comment

Working...
                      X