No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Dos Santos vs Mir & Undercard Fight Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
    Carwin, Nelson, and Gonzaga aren't really good names on a resume IMO. Frank Mir is mediocre, he's just been in the UFC so long his name has recognition.
    What? All of the people you listed have either fought for a title, held a title or have at the very least been a top 5 heavyweight in their career, that is a very solid resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Just saying my opinion. In the 8-9-10 fights I've seen him its the same thing.
      I don't particularly think he is that fast at all, he seems very limited and cautious throwing nothing but a jab & right cross and occasionally a horrific uppercut.
      His takedown defense seems good from what I have seen but its not like many have even attempted to take him down.

He is still very untested through no fault of his own (though he is clearly very basic) & tonights fight proved squat.

A guy like Overeem has too much everything for him & destroys him within a single round. When they meet, if you want to bet let me know I'll take Overeem in 1 round via however the hell he likes.
      He damn sure is that fast, considering who else is fighting in his devision. You're probably comparing him to pro boxers.

And almost everybody he has fought have tried to take him down and failed. You're full of **** there. It's one thing to say your opinion is that he is isn't as fast as people say but but it's another to argue against facts.

And nobody is destroying anybody with ease inside a few minutes in a JDS vs Overeem fight. Junior has the most dangerous hands and that has always been Overeem's weakness. JDS's "weakness" is lowkicks which Overeem is very good at, he is also extremely good in the Thai clinch so the biggest question mark is the Clinch in this fight. He also has great body kicks and a Guillotine but it is very likely that JDS will avoid those. Overeem has no footwork and is a slow plodding powerful guy, Junior is light on his feet with great footwork.

I don't know what your problem is with Cigano. The guy has proven himself to be the best heavyweight in the world. He has an extremely difficult task in front of him against Overeem, Cain and Cormier. But you should count your blessings for having such an exciting HW devision.

Comment

• Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
        they try too hard with anything. I'm all for selling a fight, but these dudes be sounding desperate sometimes.

every other UFC headliner is "the biggest (insert division here) title bout in UFC history", every other dude is the "greatest (insert physical talent) fighter in UFC history", s**t is corny. U got Joe rogan talking about how Dos Santos' hands are the fastest in the Heavyweight division, Dos Santos is slow as f*k, he just heavy handed.

Gotta do what u gotta do though
        Dos Santos is the fastest heavyweight in MMA, that doesn't have to do with hype he keeps proving that

Comment

• Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
          He damn sure is that fast, considering who else is fighting in his devision. You're probably comparing him to pro boxers.

And almost everybody he has fought have tried to take him down and failed. You're full of **** there. It's one thing to say your opinion is that he is isn't as fast as people say but but it's another to argue against facts.

And nobody is destroying anybody with ease inside a few minutes in a JDS vs Overeem fight. Junior has the most dangerous hands and that has always been Overeem's weakness. JDS's "weakness" is lowkicks which Overeem is very good at, he is also extremely good in the Thai clinch so the biggest question mark is the Clinch in this fight. He also has great body kicks and a Guillotine but it is very likely that JDS will avoid those. Overeem has no footwork and is a slow plodding powerful guy, Junior is light on his feet with great footwork.

I don't know what your problem is with Cigano. The guy has proven himself to be the best heavyweight in the world. He has an extremely difficult task in front of him against Overeem, Cain and Cormier. But you should count your blessings for having such an exciting HW devision.
          Good points made

Comment

• Cain and Dos Santos are the best Heavyweight Fighters in MMA

Comment

• Im just thankful Mir got a slow beating. Respect to JDS for not going straight for the kill.

Comment

Working...
              X