Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o is yet to commit his future to Spanish champions Barcelona, according to the club's president Joan Laporta.

Barcelona have offered Eto'o a two-year contract extension in a bid to stop a move to English side Manchester City.

"I have called him a couple of times but he hasn't answered his mobile," Laporta said.

"I don't know if he has changed the number or whether he's lost it, but I would like to speak to him."
    Come to United, please?

Comment

• Barcelona president Joan Laporta has confirmed the club have lodged a bid of over €40million with Valencia for striker David Villa.

A host of top clubs have been chasing Villa this summer, with Barca understood to have been locked in talks with Los Che for the past few weeks.

Real Madrid have already pulled out of the race to sign the 27-year-old forward, saying the price was too high.

Chelsea and Manchester United are both still interested, but Villa's preference is a move to either Real or Barca.

He recently called for a resolution to the situation, with the La Liga season fast approaching.

Now Laporta has confirmed Barcelona want to take him to the Camp Nou. He said: "He's (Villa) a player we're interested in, and we made a good bid for him, closer to €40 million than €50million."

Laporta also confirmed Barca would attempt to sign Franck Ribery, should Bayern Munich decide to sell: "He's (Ribery) a player we are interested in at a logical price. But Bayern don't want to sell. Although if they are interested in selling, we are interested (in buying). We need small adjustments; a left back, a central defender, a midfielder and a forward."

The Samuel Eto'o situation is no closer to being resolved, Laporta said. The Cameroon striker has been offered a two-year contract extension but has yet to respond, while Manchester City have put in an offer for him.

"I have called him a couple of times but he hasn't answered his mobile," Laporta said. "I don't know if he has changed the number or whether he's lost it, but I would like to speak to him."

The Barca president also said there is no way Lionel Messi will be leaving the club: "I love him a lot! He wouldn't leave Barcelona for any price. We are not selling, he has a clause of €150million, but more than that there his commitment to the club."

Laporta confirmed manager Pep Guardiola only has one-year left on his contract, but insisted both parties were content: "He's got a contract until the end of the season and he likes this situation."
      Looks like Eto'o is on the move then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Demise View Post
        Looks like Eto'o is on the move then?
        Eto'o is meant to be a bit of a loose cannon though. He comes with baggage. If he went to City he will be awful, as he'd feel they were beneath him.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ??? View Post

Comment

• Real Madrid's new signing Karim Benzema has revealed he rejected advances from Manchester United, Inter Milan and Barcelona to move to the Bernabeu.

Benzema, 21, was paraded after moving from Lyon on a six-year deal for a fee that could eventually rise to £35m.

He said: "There were quite a few clubs that contacted me like Manchester United, Inter Milan and Barcelona, but I decided to come here.

"I've dreamed about playing here since I was 15 years of age."

The France international added: "Real Madrid president Florentino Perez spoke to me about the team and the project that he wanted to create. I wanted to play at Real Madrid anyway so he didn't have to convince me of hardly anything."

The striker is the the fourth new arrival to be unveiled by the Spanish giants since Perez returned to the presidency at the start of June, following hard on the heels of of Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Raul Albiol.

An estimated 90,000 people turned up for Ronaldo's presentation at The Bernabeu on Monday, while around 55,000 were in attendance for Kaka's unveiling. Around 20,000 supporters welcomed Benzema - and he was delighted with his reception.

Benzema said: "It was very exciting. Real Madrid fans have a special relationship with the players and I am very grateful for that. I felt some strong emotions today and that's why I kissed the badge."

He was a regular marksman at Lyon, but refused to set himself a target as he takes his place in Real's star-studded line-up.

"I don't want to promise a set number of goals, although I hope to score a lot," he said. "With players like Kaka, Ronaldo and Raul, it will be very easy for us to get goals.

"I'm aware that there is great competition at the club and maybe I cannot always play, but I've come here to fight, so it's not going to be a problem."
              I've never ever ever seen such a club spend so much money bringing in all these top players. Real Madrid should go undefeated in all competitions and leagues this season. But they won't. Because the stupid ****s still have realised their defense is weak.

Comment

I've never ever ever seen such a club spend so much money bringing in all these top players. Real Madrid should go undefeated in all competitions and leagues this season. But they won't. Because the stupid ****s still have realised their defense is weak.

I don't think it is.

Albiol and Pepe at Centre-half, with Metzelder back up.

Ramos at right-back and some other fella I don't know at left-back. The Casillas in goal.

They need a holding midfield player.

On another points:

Schneider
                Robben
                Huntelaar
                Van Der Vaart

Should all be available. I can see Chelsea and Man U taking a few of those.

Comment

• What happens when one of those defenders is injured though?

Metz is getting old now too.

Huntelaar won't be available. I doubt Real will sell any of those this transfer window.

Comment

What happens when one of those defenders is injured though?

Metz is getting old now too.

Huntelaar won't be available. I doubt Real will sell any of those this transfer window.
                    If any of them stay, they are ruining their career in a world cup year, they should all leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
                      If any of them stay, they are ruining their career in a world cup year, they should all leave.
                      Did you know Saviola was at Real for like 2 years?

I didn't even realise that ****!

But Benefica rescued him.

In 2 years at Madrid he made 28 apps and scored 5 goals.

Comment

Working...
                      X