• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St-Pierre: Mayweather should fear Pacquiao

Gerry Plaza
    Yahoo! News
    September 27th, 2010

Manny Pacquiao will prevail in a fight with Floyd Mayweather, Jr., said Georges St-Pierre’s, current UFC welterweight champion and top pound-for-pound fighter in mixed martial arts in his trip last week to Manila where he wowed fans and mixed martial arts enthusiasts.

“I think Pacquiao will win,” St. Pierre said in a press conference. “Knowing that Pacquiao is a big, big threat for him, I think he doesn’t want to have that fight because he has a lot to lose.”

Pacquiao’s boxing coach, Freddie Roach, is also behind St-Pierre’s training. “I owe a lot to him,” St-Pierre said. “He showed me how to win. He taught me what I need to do in the Octagon to become champion. He guided me to where I am today.”

He even hinted joining Roach and Pacquiao in their ongoing training in a Quezon City gym.

St-Pierre likewise noted Mayweather could face an uphill battle against Pacquiao should they meet in the ring given how he had been “rocked” by Shane Mosley in their last fight.

“I think Pacquiao is really untouchable right now,” St-Pierre said. “If they hold that fight maybe tomorrow, I think Pacquiao will win.”

Asked however if Pacquiao could also dominate mixed martial arts or enter the UFC, St. Pierre said the boxing champ may not make it big in the sport.

“Boxing is totally different from what we do,” St-Pierre said. “But if he would take lessons in jujitsu, he may get a shot at it (joining the UFC). But I doubt he’ll do it.”

Hailed as MMA’s own pound-for-pound king, St-Pierre has also been criticized for “playing safe” in his recent matches.

“In all my previous matches, I always see to it that I give my 100 percent. No ifs no buts. And that made me what I am today,” St-Pierre stressed.

In fact, in his upcoming welterweight title match against Josh Koscheck in December, St-Pierre declares he is more than prepared and would emerge victorious.

“I think I know him more than he knows himself,” St-Pierre said. “I am confident about that match. Koscheck can just say anything he wants. I am prepared for him.”

Comment

St. Pierre is a *******.

Comment

GSP thanks for your honesty, but honesty may not be the best thing in this situation when trying to arrange a fight with Floyd.

Might be better to tell Floyd Pac is way too overrated. Tell Floyd that you think you could beat Pac easy peasy lemon squeazy.

Comment

too bad pac was the onewho walked away from the fight. not floyd,

*******s love to make up ****

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
            too bad pac was the onewho walked away from the fight. not floyd,

*******s love to make up ****
            Nosir, the last defender of *****S......

He is the one who stood his ground with his idiotic principles and beliefs.....

The last Villain who will fight to death and willing to go with Floyd in Prison...

Let us give him the recognation and awarded him the medal of dumbness...

Hail to NOSIR....

Comment

Originally posted by quick reply View Post
              Nosir, the last defender of *****S......

He is the one who stood his ground with his idiotic principles and beliefs.....

The last Villain who will fight to death and willing to go with Floyd in Prison...

Let us give him the recognation and awarded him the medal of dumbness...

Hail to NOSIR....
              I think he has been stuck in the evolution soup and hasnt fully evolved like some of the other *****S who have seen the red light at the intersection and have jumped off the short bus, but not NoSir, he is sitting there with his big ass at the back of the short bus waiting to get home to read about his favourite fighter Floyd, hes like Forrest Gump + Waterboy rolled into one. "My momma says that Floyd is my fatha since I dont have one"

So theres the story behind his obsession with Floyd, he thinks its his dad since he didnt know his real one.

Comment

Working...
              X