Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has Lucas Matthyse done to make him an elite fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
    The way he's talked about on here you would think he had cleaned out the division already, actually he doesn't have one good win on his resume his claim to fame is losing to the two best fighters he's fought and beating a bum from Nigeria.

All of his wins have been by knockout and his only 2 losses are split decision. I don't know if he is elite but he is a HARD man to beat without "help".

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
      How dare you make sense?!? This is NSB, if you don't like a fighter, THEY SUCK!
      I think the hardcore/confrontational Garcia fans have gotten a bit bent out of shape with the fact that Matthysse seems to be garnering more attention, eventhough he doesn't have the belts like Danny does. Matthysse has been improving since the Judah fight, and is clearly not devoid of skill/talent. You almost never hear someone refer to Matthysse as an "elite" fighter anyway. Calling Ajose a bum was where Boricua got stupid lol.

Garcia/Matthysse/Peterson is becoming like Donaire/Rigo with how the arguments get outta hand.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 04-29-2013, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
        Agreed. But lets not act like the majority of posters on here don't d ride Mathysse to no end. Mathysse beats everybody @140 by brutal ko and garcia can't hold his jock strap is the response you would get from 80% of the posters on here. Most people who "defend" garcia myself included aren't even saying he would definitely beat Matt's they are just saying its not a foregone conclusion that he would lose.
        Stop making sense

Comment

• don't cry for your man.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
            He is not an Elite Fighter! Nobody at 140 is Elite...a lot of good fighters but none are "ELITE" at least not yet
            The most overrated division today. Been overrated for 3 years now.

Comment

• its pretty funny. people love to make him seem like this juggernaut yet, against zab and alexander, even if u thought he won, he looked like crap. the funny thing is ppl say zab is crap and alexander is crap but zab has been dominated by both khan and garcia and alexander was dominated by bradley, who ppl claim is crap too. what am i missing here? he inherited this killer title out of the blue. hes a good fighter but hes done nothing that plaices him over the other top fighters in the division

Comment

• Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                The most overrated division today. Been overrated for 3 years now.
                truth. bradley is probably better than every single fighter in the division now and ppl claim hes crap. lol. boxing fans have a hard time making sense.

Comment

• Don't know where to start with this one.

For one, he beat the most ducked guy in his division, Ajose Olesegun.

Olesegun is a tremendous fighter,hand speed,foot speed,power, skills,chin,will. A near complete package.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    truth. bradley is probably better than every single fighter in the division now and ppl claim hes crap. lol. boxing fans have a hard time making sense.
                    I wish Bradley would move back down. I don't think he fits at welterweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I wish Bradley would move back down. I don't think he fits at welterweight.
                      Since he's part of TR, I think it's best for him to stay at WW. Rios/Alvarado are big 140lbers anyway, so it's not like they'll have a problem moving up.

Comment

Working...
                      X