No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Gets The Ball Rolling on Homecoming Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Gets The Ball Rolling on Homecoming Defense

By Mitch Abramson - Paulie Malignaggi wore a white construction hat tilted slightly to the side and enough jewelry around his neck and wrists to light up a dark room. The Brooklyn-born Malignaggi was back home on Friday to discuss his title-winning effort a month ago against Vyacheslav Senchenko.

He was also in downtown Brooklyn to hype up the monthly boxing series that is set to kick off on Oct. 20 at the soon-to-be completed Barclays Center. But he was also in Brooklyn to make a case for himself as the headliner of the first boxing show of the arena’s three-year deal to do monthly shows with Golden Boy Promotions. While a formal announcement has yet to be made on what bout will headline the first show in Brooklyn, Malignaggi, following his surprising stoppage of Senchenko in nine rounds to pick up the WBA welterweight title on April 29 in the Ukraine, appears to be the odds-on favorite to get the nod. [Click Here To Read More]

Guess he's fighting Salita... not bad if he's as popular in Brooklyn as he says

Comment

Magic man Vs World Kid ???

Paulie the magic man VS Sadam World kid Ali . Paulie wants a draw now that would be a Draw! Both from Brooklyn both have Fan base the only problem is Don't think that would happen now! Lol but a great thought I would say!

Comment

Paulie should fight Devon.

Comment

Paulie vs Zab would do good business in NY. Plus it would be an interesting matchup.

Comment

Hey Paulie, have you forgot that Khan had more fans in the Garden than you ? Devon is a draw in ST.LOUIS but he did'nt get any soft bum opponents. Looks like you are the real ***** !!!!!!!! Salita or you kidding me.

Comment

Devon would sweep the Brooklyn streets with Paula,just like Khan did. Paula wins a title and wants to fight bums, what a joke. ESPN would'nt buy Malignaggi/Salita.

Comment

come on guys. no one wants to see paulie. not even in his home town. the fights mentioned are against guys who aren't really even welterweights. he's all flash and no pop. we would run him outr of philly gums here. i,m 54 and would still give him fits.

Comment

If he wants a Brooklyn fight, he should fight Zab.

Even mentioning Salita's name in a welterweight title defense is a disgrace.

Shaking my damn head, Paulie.

Comment

Just can't see Malignaggi having a long title reign.

Comment

Working...
                    X