• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the boxing purist!!!

Which was the greater preformance?
    Mayweather vs Corrales
    Hopkins vs Trinidad

We're at the Barber Shop having this huge debate on these two matches and about 75% of 30 people in here chose Hopkins because of hit age and he was a huge underdog!!!

Ouch. This is like picking between kids for me.

But without making it too difficult, Trinidad was better pound for pound than Corrales and was a bigger favorite over Hopkins than Corrales was over Floyd I believe.

So I would give it to B Hop. He was able to smother Tito and completely neutralize that left hook. And the knockout blow was a thing of beauty.

Comment

I would choose Hopkins vs. Trinidad also. I think Hopkins was perceived as Trinidad's next KO victim even though Hopkins was the bigger fighter. Bernard also showed an incredible ability to make adjustments and neutralize Trinidad, who was considered the deadliest puncher in the sport back then and is, probably, one of the hardest punchers of all time.

Comment

Floyd vs Corrales

One was fighting a bigger good guy while Hopkins was fighting the smaller one. Most of the "favorite" to win is usually built up on hype.

Comment

I think you have to go Mayweather vs Corrales. First off, B hop was then a bigger man than Tito and for me, I wasn't shocked at the outcome. As a matter of fact I won money on that fight because I knew B hops size would neutralize whatever Tito would bring to the table.

On the other hand, Mayweather was fighting a WARRIOR and disposed of him like nothing. It wasn't even close, it was a landslide. For a guy in Corrales that knocked out guys like Robert Garcia, had wars with Castillo, it was shocking that Mayweather just destroyed him the way he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            Floyd vs Corrales

One was fighting a bigger good guy while Hopkins was fighting the smaller one. Most of the "favorite" to win is usually built up on hype.
            Hopkins weighed in at 157 while Tito was 158 and a half!!!
            Last edited by FRANKGWJ; 10-05-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Corrales had a lot of distractions outside of camp as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
                Corrales had a lot of distractions outside of camp as well...
                I think he depended on his one punch knock out power.

Comment

Both great fights,,, I pretty much called the Hopkins fight, but the Diego n May fight, i really thought Diego would win comfortably or edge May...surprised but impressed how May changed the fight then dominated...Gotta go with Mayweather...

Comment

Corrales vs. Floyd hands down. I did not expect Floyd to pull that off the way he did. I knew what the result of the Bernard vs. Tito would be and I was right.

Comment

Working...
                    X