No announcement yet.

Three years ago today Vernon Forrest was murdered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three years ago today Vernon Forrest was murdered

At about 11:00 pm EDT on July 25, 2009, Forrest stopped at a gas station in the Atlanta neighborhood of Mechanicsville.

With him was his 11-year-old godson. As the boy went inside the gas station, Forrest went to the back of his car to add air to a low tire. As this occurred, a man robbed him at gunpoint and fled.

Forrest, who was armed, went after the man and shots were exchanged. After a short distance, Forrest gave up the chase and began talking to a second man. It was this man that shot Forrest seven to eight times in the back. According to police, the shooter and a second person left the scene in a red Pontiac.

Forrest was pronounced dead at the scene and the death was ruled a homicide. Atlanta Police have arrested and charged 25-year-old Jquante Crews, 20-year-old Demario Ware, and 30-year-old Charman Sinkfield for his murder.

It is believed that Sinkfield was the shooter, Ware was the robber, and Crews was the driver. On June 4, 2012 Charman Sinkfield Was sentenced to death for Forrest's murder, Crews and Ware were each sentenced to life imprisonment.

Vernon Forrest was a good man, involved directly with the creation of the Non-profit Destiny's Child, a group home that assists people with developmental, emotional, and psychological disabilities and needs. Vernon was also involved directly with helping the clients by organizing Destiny's Child's activities.

(from wikipedia)

Alexis Arguello, Arturo Gatti, and Vernon Forrest all died July 2009. Sucks...

Comment

A lesson we should all learn if something like that happens dont follow take it as a loss or call the police.i cant even imagine the terror in the heart of his stepson.

Comment

R.I.P.

Comment

Sad moment in boxing history.

Comment

R.I.P. Viper.

Comment

Damn, RIP.

Comment

Working...
              X