Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacman vs Floyd Jr. in May?

By NICK GIONGCO
    August 4, 2011, 11:34pm

MANILA, Philippines — Unless Victor Ortiz and Juan Manuel Marquez don’t follow the script that will be laid out in September and November, the mouth-watering match between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. will happen in May 2012.

Pacquiao graced the birthday of TV boxing analyst Moy Lainez on Wednesday night and told Lainez that all signs point to a super fight between him and Mayweather next year.

“He told me that the Mayweather fight will take place in May next year,” Lainez said.

Lainez, thrilled with the news, told Pacquiao that even if he is not feeling well that he will fly to the US just to watch the action at ringside.

“I told Manny na kahit ako’y may sakit sa time na iyon ay pupunta ako sa laban,” said Lainez, who used to be a key member of the original Team Pacquiao, a band of boxing brothers whose association with the fight game stretches back to the 1960s.

Pacquiao’s words seem to hold water because, apparently, the major issues of drug-testing and revenue split, have been ironed out.

Speaking to Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum, fight scribe Michael Marley said the Top Rank chief said the touchy issue of Olympic-style testing and the purse split have been agreed upon by the two sides.

According to Arum, everything would be equally shared by Pacquiao and Mayweather.

If ever this fight materializes, just about every record in boxing would be shattered.

Ringsiders believe the 2.4 million pay-per-view buys will easily be broken by a Pacquiao-Mayweather bout.

please, this time!!!!!!!

Comment

May 5, 2012

Comment

not to be negative, but i will believe it when i see it.

Comment

I think Floyd is fully booked until then, he's still busy calling out people/police to fight him inside a ******* bar?

Comment

Not this crap again.

Comment

i don't think this fight will be as exciting as what most people anticipate it to be. it will be a one sided affair and floyd will give pac a boxing clinic.

Comment

Originally posted by abdul-jakul View Post
                Ringsiders believe the 2.4 million pay-per-view buys will easily be broken by a Pacquiao-Mayweather bout.
                Mayweather is going to break Mayweather's record. Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by crookshanks View Post
                  i don't think this fight will be as exciting as what most people anticipate it to be. it will be a one sided affair and floyd will give pac a boxing clinic.
                  Don't spoil the fun.

Comment

Pac doesn't know the clinch game at all, and that tells me a lot. I'm not saying that Floyd's going to grapple all day long, but he is going to frustrate the hell out of Manny whenever Manny tries to get off his shots. Pac needs rhythm and momentum, which Floyd is going to take away from him.

Comment

Working...
                    X