No announcement yet.

Todays fight made me realize how much I miss Emanuel Steward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays fight made me realize how much I miss Emanuel Steward

Thats how i felt as i was watching Guerrero vs Berto, i miss Emanuel Steward, at times i might not agree with everything he says, but i like hearing his commentary, he brought a warmth to the broadcast, best way i could discribe it is like talking to an Uncle who loves boxing. Don't know if people felt the same way, i just wanted to put it out there.

R.I.P

Emanuel Steward

I was watching some of the old fight he commentated on and i felt so sad and asked my self without him how long are we going to deal with Jim Lampley and the other guy's bias commentary.It always seems to me they are prep up before the fight to see only the punch their favourite guy throws.No wonder people say always watch this fight with the HBO commentary off.
    Emmanuel always saw things from a trainers perspective whereas the other guy act like they 'national commentators supporting only their team.

They should consider bringing back guys who have either coached before or box before like Foreman/Roy jones etc.

Rest in peace Emmanuel.

Comment

No doubt man, he really grew on me and I miss him as a integral part of the HBO commentating crew. R.I.P Manny, helluva guy..Boxing will miss him dearly.

Comment

Originally posted by koffiekewl View Post
        I was watching some of the old fight he commentated on and i felt so sad and asked my self without him how long are we going to deal with Jim Lampley and the other guy's bias commentary.It always seems to me they are prep up before the fight to see only the punch their favourite guy throws.No wonder people say always watch this fight with the HBO commentary off.
        Emmanuel always saw things from a trainers perspective whereas the other guy act like they 'national commentators supporting only their team.

They should consider bringing back guys who have either coached before or box before like Foreman/Roy jones etc.

Rest in peace Emmanuel.
        Yeah, coaches ususally dont take sides, they're trained to see the good in both fighters along with the bad. One of the reason i enjoyed Steward's commentary.

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
        No doubt man, he really grew on me and I miss him as a integral part of the HBO commentating crew. R.I.P Manny, helluva guy..Boxing will miss him dearly.
        same here .

Comment

I'm with you on this.

Not hearing Emmanuel commentating on a HBO fight was just odd. Didn't feel "right".

He'll be missed in so many ways.

Comment

That really didn't come to mind when I watched the fight, but I rewatched an old Hbo fight recently and it brought a tear to my eye hearing him speak and knowing that he was gone....

Comment

Working...
            X