Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Ricky Hatton go into the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Ricky Hatton go into the Hall of Fame?

Do you think Ricky Hatton should be inducted into the Boxing Hall of Fame?
    Yes
    51.05%
    No
    48.95%

The poll is expired.

Poll is up.

I think he definitely belongs there, because he had such a memorable career. He was champion at 140 for 5 years and Fighter of the Year in 2005.

Comment

He's borderline.

But I say yes.

Comment

I'm gauging every retired fighter to Cost-A-Zoo.

If Zoo can get in, then Hatton should get in. And a lot of other future retirees should get in too, like Paul Williams, Miguel Cotto, David Haye.

Tszyu getting in, will now start a new breed of good fighters who are not really HOF kind of fighters, getting in to the HOF, and they will be able to use Tszyu to protest. Although of Williams, Cotto, and Haye, only Haye has been The Champion of his division once in Cruiserweight.

Comment

I say no, just cause he failed so miserably in his two biggest steps up.

Comment

Barry McGuigan is in the hall fame.

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
              The Kostya Tszyu fight was a big step up as well and he stopped him.

Comment

If you consider only his talent and achievements, he would not make it. But you have to also consider his appeal, the following he brought to all his fights, especially the Vegas fights was unprecedented. On that basis I think he gets in, the boxing hof is not just about excellent fighters it is about what that person contributed to the sport as a whole, and if you consider he is at the beginning of what could be a very successful promoting career. He is almost a lock to get in...in my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
                  Both were p4p #1 at the time and he fought them outside his home country.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Poll is up.

I think he definitely belongs there, because he had such a memorable career. He was champion at 140 for 5 years and Fighter of the Year in 2005.
                    Yes, agreed.

Comment

Working...
                    X