No announcement yet.

Question about Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Bradley

When there was talks of Bradley fighting Alvarado he said no gimme the guy that won, that being Rios. Unless these guys were willing to move up to 147 either one of those 2 fights were gonna be at 140. So why is he not willing to fight Gamboa at 140 or a catchweight? Now I'm not saying he's scared of fighting Gamboa or whatnot but what IS Bradley's purpose by turning all these fights down or throwing roadblocks? Would anyone really turn down 2M to fight a guy you already beat easily (Peterson)? Does anyone really believe he can't make 140 anymore? To me thats like Guerrero saying he cant make 140.

Fighting Gamboa at any weight is stupid. Other than that, I have no idea what the hell is Bradley doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Swaggin'
      Fighting Gamboa at any weight is stupid. Other than that, I have no idea what the hell is Bradley doing.
      Like I said before, Bradley is in a situation where he has to take what he can get or sit on the shelves. I really dunno wth he wants or is looking for. Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I was high on Bradley before the Pac fight, and still am. I understand him wanting to move forward not backwards. Peterson was dominated and was caught doping so after beating Pacman (officially he won like it or not), I too would be expecting bigger things. Tim was on everybody's p4p list before winning against Pac so I understand not taking just any fight.

Comment

Bradley fighting Gamboa is a no win situation. He wins, he beat a small fighter coming up. He loses, now he just lost to a small fighter coming up.

I really hope it's because Mayweather-Bradley is happening. Gamboa needs to focus on 130-135 and start making noise there again.

Comment

Is Bradley really turning down these high profile fights?? Like Gamboa?? That's an easy payday right there.

Comment

why would he fight Gamboa?
              he gains nothing from that fight but even more scorn
              has Bradley said anything about not being able to make JWW?
              thought he just stayed at WW since there's bigger names there
              either way, it's looking like Rios is the most sensible fight for him
              it can happen at either weight

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby
                Is Bradley really turning down these high profile fights?? Like Gamboa?? That's an easy payday right there.
                He turned down 2M vs Peterson and now is refusing on a catchweight and the money I guess (which Idk what he's being offered) vs Gamboa.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
                  I was high on Bradley before the Pac fight, and still am. I understand him wanting to move forward not backwards. Peterson was dominated and was caught doping so after beating Pacman (officially he won like it or not), I too would be expecting bigger things. Tim was on everybody's p4p list before winning against Pac so I understand not taking just any fight.
                  I agree with this...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                    why would he fight Gamboa?
                    he gains nothing from that fight but even more scorn
                    has Bradley said anything about not being able to make JWW?
                    thought he just stayed at WW since there's bigger names there
                    either way, it's looking like Rios is the most sensible fight for him
                    it can happen at either weight
                    1) Cause what else is there? Even if he's offered Mike Jones he will probably turn it down cause Bradley's after beating Pacquiao multiplied by 10 and will probably think he's too good to be fighting people like Mike Jones. I don't care what anyone says, a fight vs Gamboa would be a pretty exciting fight.

2) He hasn't said anything directly but the fact that he doesn't even wanna do a catchweight tells me he doesn't wanna go down. Why? Idk why. He never mentioned anything about struggling to make 140 or wanting to move up (not that I know of anyway). So doesn't he wanna fight at 140?

3) Chances are pretty high that Bradley beats Rios easily so Im not sure Arum would wanna do that. As hougigo pointed out, Rios is a long term investment and I don't think that's a chance Arum would wanna take it.

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Say what you want but this is a pretty dangerous fight for Bradley IMO. Bradley isnt that much bigger than Gamboa either. Sure Gamboa looked like **** (compared to his other outings) vs Farenas but let's be real here, he put on 20 lbs overnight after a 15 month layoff. Who wouldn't be exhausted as ****? He still dominated the guy as he was supposed to, aside from the KD. Even after the KD he recovered the next round and came back again. You can take it as an excuse or whatever you want to take it as. Also add the fact that Bradley well be out the ring for almost a year by the time this fight happens (if it does) and it could be a recipe for disaster.

Idk that's just how I feel. I don't see as a huge mismatch like a lot of people are making it sound like.

Comment

Working...
                    X