No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Convinced: Chavez Has No Confidence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Convinced: Chavez Has No Confidence

It was a psychological ploy; one that Sergio Martinez says has worked thus far on WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

“I mentally had to get in his head,” Martinez told BoxingScene.com after a recent workout. “It was part of the job. If you noticed during the (“24/7”) program, he never makes eye contact with me. That shows that he has no confidence, especially with the magnitude of this fight.”

Martinez (49-2-2. 28 KOs) came out of the nowhere to the casual boxing fan after an eight-round destruction of Alex Bunema on October 4th, 2008. Since then, Martinez has fought some of best super welterweights and middleweights in boxing at that time.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I watched that weigh-in chavez seems really nervous ithink reality is kickin in long night for him martinez gonna win big seems super confident I'm not biased chavez dosen't look confident at all but we'll see tonight who knows.

Comment

The irony is that Martinez is setting himself up for a psychological trap of his own design.

What happens when things don't go the way he wants or predicted?

Despair hits him.

Comment

Win, or lose I'm happy for him. He seemed like he was built to be a star at the weight in.

Comment

So now Martinez said this stuff to the press, wow I tought you said all along it was gonna be easy and now you need mind games? please Sergio tell me what happened in your soul that now you need the so called mind games like you said,

And there are many fighters who dont look at the eyes in a staredown, It's all a mind game for them too.

You will se today, when you get your ass taxed...

Last edited by ksan; 09-15-2012, 08:13 AM.

Comment

I believe Chavez is getting better and will be his very best that we have NOT seen YET tonite !!!!!!

I believe Sergio is a GREAT Fighter and will never take anything away from him, would bet your house on him against Mayweather but at his age he CANNOT get faster, Better but only can lose a step no matter how hard he trains.

Problem is I don't know if he has lost that step.

I KNOW that Chavez has gained a step or two.

Therefore

the bully talk is DONE

This S### is fixin to happen !!!!!!!!!

I will gladly eat crow if I am wrong, I hate NEITHER MANG

This is time to SHINE

Martinez will win the first three rounds maybe 4 but then the body shot will hit their mark and gain in number by 5

5 and 6 were in Pavlics hands but slipped away, NOT so with Chavez.

The beat down will begin strongly by 6 and by 11 Sergio the GREAT will be DOWN and OUT !!!!!!!!!

Comment

MARTINES IS NOT HUMBLE! he hasnt gotten into anyones head if anything jr has gotten into his ,if you notice martinez is the only one STILL running his mouth, Chavez has laughed at him Martinez is a nobody he isnt HALF as good as he thinks he is hes overstimated himself and underestimated the kid.all this talk about him goin to the body is absurd, martinez dont even know how to, hes going to get it in the body and be taken out , martinez always gasses...

Comment

Originally posted by Muscles72 View Post
                I watched that weigh-in chavez seems really nervous ithink reality is kickin in long night for him martinez gonna win big seems super confident I'm not biased chavez dosen't look confident at all but we'll see tonight who knows.
                Lol dude Chavez's face was priceless on his way out and on to the scales.
                Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                The irony is that Martinez is setting himself up for a psychological trap of his own design.

What happens when things don't go the way he wants or predicted?

Despair hits him.
                Martinez is a smart guy and obviously real mature. I think we have seen that when things don't go his way he knows how to adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Lol dude Chavez's face was priceless on his way out and on to the scales.

Martinez is a smart guy and obviously real mature. I think we have seen that when things don't go his way he knows how to adapt.
                  lol at your sig u added pacman

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                    lol at your sig u added pacman
                    TMT ALL DAY!

Comment

Working...
                    X