Floyd versus Martinez for the lineal middle weight title make it happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
    if he beats manny and martinez and retires he'd def be top 15
    Presuming he ever fights them both and were to beat them both he would be around the Top 25.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Make it happen.

If Floyd wants to make a statment then he should fight him. He wont, though.

And it wouldn't take him anywhere near Top 15 ATG status either.
      Of course it would. People are overrating the fighters of the past. Floyd is one of the best defensive fighters we've ever seen. If he beats a guy like Martinez who is a much bigger man and equally as athletic that's pretty damn impressive. On top of already solid resume.

If JCC and Whitaker are regularly listed in the top 20 ever then Floyd should be too if he beats Pac or Martinez. Hell I think he should be listed over JCC now but thats a topic for another day...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Presuming he ever fights them both and were to beat them both he would be around the Top 25.
        Shiiiit, Larry has both Roy and B-Hop in the top 20-25 ATG I believe. So of course he will have Floyd in the top 10-15 ATG if he's able to accomplish this feat.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          Shiiiit, Larry has both Roy and B-Hop in the top 20-25 ATG I believe. So of course he will have Floyd in the top 10-15 ATG if he's able to accomplish this feat.
          yes hopkins is def top 20-25 roy id say top 30-35

Comment

yes hopkins is def top 20-25 roy...top 30-35

Comment

ok whats the issue here??

Comment

One of the most anticipated fights of the history of boxing is two fights away and this topic is made? Martinez will have to wait til Money massacres Pacquiao.
                Manny

Comment

ok whats the issue here??
                  That's absolutely absurd. But, whatever....

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    Of course it would. People are overrating the fighters of the past. Floyd is one of the best defensive fighters we've ever seen. If he beats a guy like Martinez who is a much bigger man and equally as athletic that's pretty damn impressive. On top of already solid resume.

If JCC and Whitaker are regularly listed in the top 20 ever then Floyd should be too if he beats Pac or Martinez. Hell I think he should be listed over JCC now but thats a topic for another day...
                    Mayweather is a great fighter. I consider him to be atleast a Top 50 ATG at this point.

If he were to beat Martinez it would enhance his legacy of course but not anywhere near the Top 15.

The history of Boxing is way way too vast.

Comment

That's absolutely absurd. But, whatever....
                      well post something to prove me wrong man

Comment

Working...
                      X