No announcement yet.

McCloskey v Prescott confirmed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCloskey v Prescott confirmed

Sept 10th in Belfast for WBA light-welterweight title eliminator.

Carl Frampton chief support fight against TBA

Ill be going to this. If Frampton fights Kiko Martinez it'll be a crackin fight

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/14198763.stm

Paul McCloskey will take on Columbian Breidis Prescott in a WBA Light Welterweight title eliminator in Belfast on 10 September.

The Dungiven fighter will make his return to the ring at the Odyssey Arena after his controversial points defeat to Amir Khan in April.

Prescott, who is three years younger than McCloskey at 28, is the only fighter to have beaten Khan.

The shock win over Khan in 2008 is one of Prescott's 19 knock-out victories.

The Miami-based Prescott stopped Khan inside a minute of the opening round.

"I promise that if Amir is watching, and he happended to forget what occurred back in 2008, I will give him a reminder by my performance on 10 September." said Prescott on Tuesday.

"I can only hope that after I win, Amir keeps his promise and gets back in the ring with me."

McCloskey lost out to WBA champion Khan in Manchester after a clash of heads in the sixth round.

It resulted in a cut above McCloskey's eye and after consultation with the ringside doctor the referee stopped the fight.

"The Amir Khan experience was obviously disappointing but what better way to come back from that than by beating the only man to have ever beaten him," said promoter Eddie Hearn.

"Paul is one win way from another crack at a world title and it's going to be a special night at the Odyssey."

Comment

If Mcwhatshisname couldn't beat Khan what makes him think he can beat Khan's dad?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        If Mcwhatshisname couldn't beat Khan what makes him think he can beat Khan's dad?
        because Khan's dad is ****?

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
          because Khan's dad is ****?
          Haha, indeed.

Comment

Good fight. I hope Prescott comes into this one motivated.

Comment

If Prescott wins this then it will be all aboard the hype train for the Khan-Prescott rematch.

Comment

I heard Kiko has been calling Frampton out, if that fight get's made it's going to be a big step up for Carl I hope he can rise to the challenge, I remember what Martinez did to Bernard Dunne, he has some power in his shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkz View Post
                  I heard Kiko has been calling Frampton out, if that fight get's made it's going to be a big step up for Carl I hope he can rise to the challenge, I remember what Martinez did to Bernard Dunne, he has some power in his shots.
                  I dont think Carl is ready for Kiko, they have been going back and forth in negotiations for a while now. I'd like to see it as it would be a damn good fight, but Kiko is a beast and Carl hasnt fought anyone close to his level yet.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                    I dont think Carl is ready for Kiko, they have been going back and forth in negotiations for a while now. I'd like to see it as it would be a damn good fight, but Kiko is a beast and Carl hasnt fought anyone close to his level yet.
                    Yeah that's how I feel about it, my heart says Carl to win (and a great win it would be) but my head says he'll get KO'ed.

Comment

Working...
                    X