Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price on The Mounting Pressure, Skelton Challenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Price on The Mounting Pressure, Skelton Challenge

UNBEATEN David Price is now experiencing something new – the growing ­expectancy of his fans.

British and ­Commonwealth heavyweight champion Price will be challenged by Matt Skelton at the Aintree ­Equestrian Centre on November 30.

The fight comes just six weeks after the Liverpudlian’s 82-second destruction of Audley Harrison – and now his fans are expecting even better things from him. [Click Here To Read More]

Price needs to win the Lonsdale belt out-right & then start fighting outside of the UK.

Comment

Once price wins the lonsdale belt outright he will move on to the european scene.

After this fight I think he needs 1 or 2 more defences to win it outright.

There is no one in the UK to challenge him at this time so I dont know where those defences would come from but he is the next big thing in the heavyweight division but he needs to keep fighting every 3 to 4 months becuase he's already early 30's

Comment

Price is wasting his years staying at this level and needs to move on to challenging decent fighters from outside of the UK. Forget whatever belts there is to offer in the UK, cause beating bums like Skelton will do nothing for him as far as experience or status. I like the potential David Price has as a Heavyweight Champion, however, the very slow timetable and the choice of opponents for Price, has me wondering what his Management Team is scared of?

Comment

He's much more active now than he's been before and fighting good opponents. I don't have any worries about his progress at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by voneric View Post
            Price is wasting his years staying at this level and needs to move on to challenging decent fighters from outside of the UK. Forget whatever belts there is to offer in the UK, cause beating bums like Skelton will do nothing for him as far as experience or status. I like the potential David Price has as a Heavyweight Champion, however, the very slow timetable and the choice of opponents for Price, has me wondering what his Management Team is scared of?
            maloney sees a goldmine in price. he will bring himg slowly much like he did with lennox. skelton is old & price should have little difficulty with him. you have to remember he hasn't had that many fights. he's clobbering the journeymen & after skelton there may be one more fight at the domestic level then i see him fighting abroad. too be honest he could be a very hard opponent to match. many guys may avoid him like many avoided wladimir klitschko.

Comment

Price is too old to be fucking about with Lonsdale belt.

He needs to make some serious headway next year, he'll be 30 next July.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                Price is too old to be fucking about with Lonsdale belt.

He needs to make some serious headway next year, he'll be 30 next July.
                He's only had 14 fights. 29 is not old at HW. The big fights will come it's just a matter of time.

Comment

I bet Pac could beat him in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Pinas View Post
                    I bet Pac could beat him in sparring.
                    Price will knock the head of your god clean off.

Comment

Working...
                    X