Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler: Ward Has No Guts, I'll Fight Him in The U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HardSpar View Post
    I think it would be competitive if you took out two of the major elements which made it uncompetitive mainly the holding not just the nutting, it ain't easy fighting someone who is fast skilled and allowed to hold when you put the pressure on and try to get your shots off.
    He could get away with it in Oakland but in Denmark no chance. And of course he would have to win the rounds clearly, he'd be up against a fired up Kessler out for revenge, would have a noisy hostile crowd to put with and the home comforts would this time of course go to Kessler.
    I know what you mean though the first fight looked uncompetitive, most people don't want see it again and Ward's already beaten him so he should fight guys who he has yet to beat.
    I know what you are saying,but it is hard to imagine Ward not looking impressive against Kessler even in his backyard.He got dropped and hurt by Allan Green in his last fight and then he did nothing until he got KO'd...Ward would be consistant, hard to hit clean and be able to get off his shots even easier than in their first fight.Kessler has diminished steadily while Ward has grown as a fighter.

Kessler would need Ottke type judges or a hired ref to have a chance.It isn't really a fight I want to wait 6 months to see....

We can say that if Froch was in his backyard,he could have gotten the nod against Kessler and if Dirrell was in America,he would have gotten the nod against Froch.Ward grabbed the bull by the horns in the Kessler fight-there was some rough play,whether intentional or accidental,but the fight was far from competitive and its not worth it to me to wait 6 months to see if "what if's" pan out to be different....new names are more interesting to the vast fans I think.If Ward fought 4 times a year,I wouldnt mind seeing this....

Comment

Ward is a dirty Son of Dog.

Headbutts, elbows, low blows, he's a real piece of work.

Typical hypocritical, cheating Xian.

I hear he's on the juice as well.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
        I know what you are saying,but it is hard to imagine Ward not looking impressive against Kessler even in his backyard.He got dropped and hurt by Allan Green in his last fight and then he did nothing until he got KO'd...Ward would be consistant, hard to hit clean and be able to get off his shots even easier than in their first fight.Kessler has diminished steadily while Ward has grown as a fighter.

Kessler would need Ottke type judges or a hired ref to have a chance.It isn't really a fight I want to wait 6 months to see....

We can say that if Froch was in his backyard,he could have gotten the nod against Kessler and if Dirrell was in America,he would have gotten the nod against Froch.Ward grabbed the bull by the horns in the Kessler fight-there was some rough play,whether intentional or accidental,but the fight was far from competitive and its not worth it to me to wait 6 months to see if "what if's" pan out to be different....new names are more interesting to the vast fans I think.If Ward fought 4 times a year,I wouldnt mind seeing this....
        Believe me if I were to bet on who wins a rematch in Denmark I'd bet on Ward. I'm just saying I'd be interested to see it as I suspect it would be a different kind of fight than the first and I'd want to see if Ward could beat Kessler properly in his backyard, that would impress me. As it stands I consider Froch to be Wards best win.
        But like you said Ward has improved and Kessler looks to have declined which is why my money would be on Ward.

Comment

Ward will win hands down again and even better when it happens hes more experienced he really is just the complete fighter now no one at super middle will beat him the only fighter i see who could beat him would be dirrell but he hasn't the right mental attitude or mental strength to go up against ward i am not a ward fan a massive froch fan infact but there's no denying wards skills

Comment

What's next? "Ricky Hatton wants Pacquiao: 'I couldn't feel his power'"

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
              I am saying I would rather him fight a different person instead of a re-run type affair.Rematches can be warranted when there is a close fight-these were not even competitive hardly!

It is better to get new names even if it is a Pavlik, Bute, Chavez (if he fails to make MW-and this was talked about as a future possibility), or perhaps a Anthony/Andre Dirrell fight.Hell,he could fight Adonis Stevenson perhaps....there are options,but only the top 3 suggestions make him any decent money.

At LHW the money options are even more weeded out and less.Nobody cares about Cleverly, Cloud, an already beaten up Dawson, etc fight...there are slightly more options at SMW that make him more money and that fans can identify with in terms of named fighters.
              Okay, now we're on the same page.

As a fan of boxing, I'd like to see Andre Ward move up and fight at LH.

However, if he's staying at 168 - and he is - after he fights Pavlik you have to look at the most attractive options for 2013.

Chavez Jr. - probably coming off a loss to Martinez
              Bute - probably coming off a loss to Froch

that leaves Dirrell who probably won't fight him and Kessler/Froch rematches.

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
                What's next? "Ricky Hatton wants Pacquiao: 'I couldn't feel his power'"
                Claims Mayweather Snr taught him self induced coma technique as a way of avoiding punishment and prolonging his career.

Comment

The only way Ward should consider fighting Kessler in Denmark is if they make him a very lucrative offer. Show him the money and maybe he'll go over there to whip some ass.

Comment

Ugh...

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    The winner of the upcoming fight for the WBA "regular" super middleweight belt between Brian Magee and Mikkel Kessler, is set to become the mandatory challenger to WBA super champion Andre Ward. If Denmark's Kessler (45-2, 34KOs) gets the shot, he is certain Ward won't be leaving the United States.

[Click Here To Read More]
                    Is he serious? I really used to like Kessler. I met him in AC at Ward-Froch and he was a douche along with his douche bag promoter. What strivers. Ward will make him look silly and Froch will murder him next time. Fight Bute or fight Green again.

Comment

Originally posted by blackmagicj View Post
                      Gtfoh. Fighters come to America to make it big. Not the other way around. What does he have to prove by going over to Denmark to fight? People act like he has been winning razor thin decisions in Oakland (and Atlantic City) where there is all this controversy around his victories. Last time i checked he blew all these guys out the water. It's crazy! He sells out the Oakland Arena.

You have posted a lie: ward does NOT sell out oracle arena. Capacity is close to 20,000, I believe less than 9,000 tickets were sold vs Dawson

Comment

Working...
                      X