No announcement yet.

Jones Jr speaks on Tarver positive test-- Wants to get revenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    That is such bullshit!! I took andro in high school and it gave me some side effects like the ones used in steroids. There is a reason on why they banned it in several sports.
    Dude PLEASE don't tell me about andro or any other PED, because I promise you I have forgotten more than you will ever know.

There is also a reason why Androstenedione was the first to come out, then almost completely abandoned by any of that knew anything about prohormones.

Marijuana is banned in all sports. Does that mean it enhances performance? There are lots of things that are banned that are not proven to be performance enhancers. Andro WILL enhance performance in high enough doses, but its like using a slegdehammer to kill flies, get my point?
    I didn't say you won't get some of the effects, but it needs to be in high doses since only 14% of oral andro can be convertered to testosterone.

From Wikipedia
    The Andro-Project

The "Andro-Project", conducted by medical researchers at East Tennessee State University, showed that the supplement "Andro"(androstenedione/androstenediol) does not increase muscle mass or strength.[5][6][7]
    Biological effects

Androstenedione has been shown to increase serum testosterone levels over an eight-hour period in men when taken as a single oral dose of 300 mg per day, but a dose of 100 mg had no significant effect on serum testosterone. However, serum levels of estradiol increased following both the 100 mg and 300 mg doses. The study also reported that the serum level of estrogens and testosterone produced varied widely between individuals.[8] A 2006 review paper summarized several studies that examined the effect of androstenedione on strength training. At dosages of 50 mg or 100 mg per day, andro had no effect on muscle strength or size, or on body fat levels. One study used a daily dosage of 300 mg of androstenedione combined with several other supplements, and also found no increase in strength when compared to a control group that did not take the supplements. The review authors speculate that sufficiently high doses may indeed lead to increased muscle size and strength. However, due to the federal ban on androstenedione supplements, it is difficult to carry out new research on its positive and negative effects. The review authors conclude that individuals should not use androstenedione supplements due to the lack of evidence of beneficial effects, the wide variation in individual responses to the supplement, and the risk of unknown side-effects.[9]

Because androstenedione is converted in part to estrogens, people taking this supplement may have estrogenic side-effects, although none of the studies cited above used a sufficiently high dosage to draw any conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by megadeth View Post
      Well seeing that I know the the guy that introduced Androstenedione personally(Patrick Arnold) and have discussed it with him, used it many times way back when & know for a fact that Twinlabs had problems with having andro contaminated products, I think I can speak on the issue with much more experience and knowledge than most. If Roy had tested positive for anything other than Androstenedione I might believe it, but it is only performance enhancer in huge doses and even then doesn't do much, not to mention come with a large increase in estrogen at those doses.
      He tested positive for an anabolic steroid. Which excuse did Roy use first the Ripped fuel or the nasal spray excuse? I forget yea either one will have your testosterone be 6 times over the limit. At the same time Hall was 10x over that ripped fuel is something else

Comment

Originally posted by PBFP4P View Post
        He tested positive for an anabolic steroid. Which excuse did Roy use first the Ripped fuel or the nasal spray excuse? I forget yea either one will have your testosterone be 6 times over the limit. At the same time Hall was 10x over that ripped fuel is something else
        He tested positive for Androstenedione. Although it has been defined as an anabolic steroid, there is no evidence saying that it is. It is a precursor to Testosterone, meaning that it has to convert to testosterone before any anabolic effects occur. If he was going to use something to improve performance, why not just use testosterone, since both were banned and andro converts to testosterone?

Comment

He tested positive for Androstenedione. Although it has been defined as an anabolic steroid, there is no evidence saying that it is. It is a precursor to Testosterone, meaning that it has to convert to testosterone before any anabolic effects occur. If he was going to use something to improve performance, why not just use testosterone, since both were banned and andro converts to testosterone?
          So a precursor to testosterone makes your testosterone level by 6 times above the limit? Same thing for Hall huh? 10 time above the limit. Nasal Spray huh? I liked how Roy changed his story. Nothing fishy there

Comment

Well seeing that I know the the guy that introduced Androstenedione personally(Patrick Arnold) and have discussed it with him, used it many times way back when & know for a fact that Twinlabs had problems with having andro contaminated products, I think I can speak on the issue with much more experience and knowledge than most. If Roy had tested positive for anything other than Androstenedione I might believe it, but it is only performance enhancer in huge doses and even then doesn't do much, not to mention come with a large increase in estrogen at those doses.
            Your absolutely right. Furthermore, andro wasn't exactly what you call a "performance booster" compared to stronger pro-steroids, peds that PA and others later introduced.

Comment

Jones did not use PED's. He used Ripped Fuel which was contaminated with androstendione.
              What makes him look suspicious is his manager first said it was caused by a nasal spray then he changed his story and said it was because he took ripped fuel. Does that sound credible to you? And I'm not hating, Roy is one of my fave fighters of all time.

Comment

please don't let a 4th fight happen
                Roy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tarver
                he doesn't need to prove it, and at this point, he couldn't anyway
                nobody even cares about Tarver getting caught using
                he's always been an overrated 1 hit wonder living off Roy's name
                he lost no credibility because he never had much to begin with
                let both these guys stick to commentating

Comment

Originally posted by cantbestopped View Post
                  Mr Jones says he has a 3 fight plan all of which in Poland culminating with getting the cruiser weight title. When speaking of Tarver's recent positive test he says if there was ANY inclination of him cheating while he fought him then he wants him clean so he can get his revenge.
                  Do you have a link or a source so I can read or see it?

Comment

Originally posted by cantbestopped View Post
                    Mr Jones says he has a 3 fight plan all of which in Poland culminating with getting the cruiser weight title. When speaking of Tarver's recent positive test he says if there was ANY inclination of him cheating while he fought him then he wants him clean so he can get his revenge.

Comment

yeah it was a video interview in Poland I will try to find it again

Comment

Working...
                      X