No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: I Want To Be One of The Best in Boxing History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo: I Want To Be One of The Best in Boxing History

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (41-0-1, 30KOs), the junior middleweight champion of the World Boxing Council (WBC), wants to write his name in the boxing history books. He faces WBA champion Austin Trout (26-0, 14KOs) in a big unification on April 20th at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. At 22-years-old and already a superstar in Mexico, Canelo wants to be involved in the biggest fights possible to stamp his name among the best fighters of all-time.

[Click Here To Read More]

well, he could be

Comment

Clean out your division. Clean out the MW division, then beat Andre Ward, and a few top 168 fighters, and I'll consider you one of the best to ever lace em up.

Comment

He needs to beat Trout next week and then have his first super fight PPV against Cotto in September and win that too, that fight will be huge, it should do around 400-700k. A lot of people are talking about him negatively as well as positively, and this year he can end some negative talks. I say some because there's just people out there who were just born to criticize and nothing can satisfy them. But wins over Trout and Cotto would put him on another level of fame and rank in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim2daresq View Post
          Clean out your division. Clean out the MW division, then beat Andre Ward, and a few top 168 fighters, and I'll consider you one of the best to ever lace em up.
          Beating Trout, Cotto, Mayweather, Martinez would already make him one of the best to ever "lace em up" IMO. No need to beat Wladimir Klitschko. In fact, beating Trout and Cotto but losing to Mayweather and Martinez wouldn't make him any less of a fighter. He'd simply just have lost to two of the greatest fighters of the last 10 years. But it's too early to talk about this, May and Martinez are getting up there in age so Canelo has a chance to beat them when the time comes, hopefully next year.

Comment

Dude isn't going anywhere and he is going to make people eat their words. He isn't a fluke, he is very, very impressive for 22 years old....and will only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Beating Trout, Cotto, Mayweather, Martinez would already make him one of the best to ever "lace em up" IMO. No need to beat Wladimir Klitschko. In fact, beating Trout and Cotto but losing to Mayweather and Martinez wouldn't make him any less of a fighter. He'd simply just have lost to two of the greatest fighters of the last 10 years. But it's too early to talk about this, May and Martinez are getting up there in age so Canelo has a chance to beat them when the time comes, hopefully next year.
              If he did that, I'd be thoroughly impressed, and by the time he got to Martinez, he'd have to be the favorite.

P.S. I was being facetious.

Comment

doubt he will be the best he will be good if he finds a way to beat trout if he losses to trout say bye bye to all the hype and start from the bottom again

Comment

There's no question that the potential is there. There's no deying the kid has skills. I think a lot of people hate on him because of the bull***** way he was basically given that WBC belt from Suilaman, and the fact that he's been fighting washed up & C-rated fighters as a champ, in a deep division full of solid contenders. All that aside, I think Golden Boy has overly groomed him out of fear of derailing their growing cash cow. If he beats Trout and starts fighting and beating the likes of Cotto, Molina, Angulo, Lara, Martirosyan, Kirkland, K9 and Ishe Smith, then he will EARN his respect. These are the fights he should have been fighting since he became paper champ. As a champion you shouldn't be fighting washed up guys and bloated fighter from 2-3 divisions down. You fight those type of guys during the grooming process, BEFORE you get a title, not after. This is largely GB's fault though. It's obvious Canelo want's to fight the top guys now and you have to give him respect for that. He's at a point where he has no other options than to start fighting the top contenders. This is where we'll see if he's the truth or what his critics have claimed for years, a fluke paper champ. I for one look forward to seeing which way he goes.

Comment

War Canelo! but take one step at a time brother, its a long road ahead of you, good luck! but ill be rooting you on.
                    Last edited by Toltec77; 04-08-2013, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X