No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Katsidis is Planning To Explain Medical Issue Shortly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Katsidis is Planning To Explain Medical Issue Shortly

As we previously reported, two-time WBO interim lightweight champion Michael Katsidis is out of boxing indefinitely and is likely to retire from the sport after undergoing medical tests.

Katsidis, 32, was due to fight Filipino Weng Haya in Melbourne on February 21, but has pulled out of the fight.

"I have got a story to tell and I will be telling it, but right now I need to talk with my family, management as well as medical staff," Katsidis said on Facebook.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sounds pretty serious. I hope he's okay.

Comment

An Australian legend. Wish him all the best.

Comment

Loved watching his fights..... Hope he's okay and better soon. A true warrior

Comment

i use to call him the Australian Gatti. For his guttsy fighting style. It was a shame to see his decline in the sport.

Comment

I started off questioning his ability due to (a usual australian tack of fighting imported Thai fighters) his early soft opposition and then grew to become a massive fan due to his huge heart and will. I have smilingly eaten humble pie, looking back at my opinion that he wouldnt make it overseas. Mike, i appreciate all you have done and you won over a doubting guy and turned him into a massive fan. May you have all the best for your health and future.

Comment

Damn I really like Katsidis. Hope he's going to be okay. He deserved a world title for his performances.

Comment

Originally posted by dan649 View Post
                I started off questioning his ability due to (a usual australian tack of fighting imported Thai fighters) his early soft opposition and then grew to become a massive fan due to his huge heart and will. I have smilingly eaten humble pie, looking back at my opinion that he wouldnt make it overseas. Mike, i appreciate all you have done and you won over a doubting guy and turned him into a massive fan. May you have all the best for your health and future.
                Well said. I was a doubter to begin with too but like Gatti, he proved over time that his heart and determination in the ring more than made up for anything else. In his prime he was about as good and entertaining a brawler as I've ever seen. Love the guy. I'm not sure he truly got the recognition he should have over here in Oz, on a big scale anyway, but that's maybe more to do with the (in my opinion) lack of coverage boxing gets over here. I'm gonna watch the Earl and Amonsot fights now.. Brilliant. It sounds real serious.. I truly hope he's ok. Here's to a legend of Aussie boxing, and I don't say that lightly.

Comment

Unfortunately - this sounds more serious than just a suspect scan. I really hope he's okay. UK LOVES KATSIDIS.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
                    Damn I really like Katsidis. Hope he's going to be okay. He deserved a world title for his performances.
                    He won 2 WBO interim world titles. I'm glad he got something out of the game. Respect.

Comment

Working...
                    X