Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most underrated wins of ATG fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most underrated wins of ATG fighters?

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by CTE90; 04-05-2020, 07:57 AM.

I don't think Hearns gets anywhere near the credit he deserves for virtually shutting out Benitez.

Comment

Trinidad's wins against Reid and Campas.
      Floyd and Oscar's wins over Hernandez.
      Tyson's Holmes and Spinks wins seem a little written off.
      Hamed against Bungu.
      Pac against Ledwaba.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
        I don't think Hearns gets anywhere near the credit he deserves for virtually shutting out Benitez.
        And it wasn't an off night for Benitez either. His 'radar' and reflexes were very sharp that night.

To add another underappreciated victory I'll toss in Floyd Patterson's win over Archie Moore.

Archie was far from finished in the mid 50s......and lets be honest; if it hadn't happened and a poll was placed on a likely outcome I think it would have been a pickem fight. Floyd was fantastic that night!
        Last edited by Sugarj; 07-04-2012, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Salvador Sanchez KO 15 Azumah Nelson. Sanchez died tragically soon after and at that time no one knew Nelson would become a ATG. A great win you never hear much about

Comment

Larry Holmes defeated a prime Ray Mercer convincingly for a title belt well into his forties. Mercer would later give Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield the fights of their lives a few years later. Yet, it seems like a lot of people forget about that. I think Larry is easily in the top-five heavyweights ever...

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
              Larry Holmes defeated a prime Ray Mercer convincingly for a title belt well into his forties. Mercer would later give Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield the fights of their lives a few years later. Yet, it seems like a lot of people forget about that. I think Larry is easily in the top-five heavyweights ever...
              Holmes-Mercer wasn't for any heavyweight title.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
                Salvador Sanchez KO 15 Azumah Nelson. Sanchez died tragically soon after and at that time no one knew Nelson would become a ATG. A great win you never hear much about
                No, this is probably Sanchez most overrated win.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
                  Mercer showed up flat more than a few times too. Good win though.

Comment

Harold Johnson's wins over Eddie Machen and Nino Valdez at HW.

Comment

Working...
                    X