Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how much HBO bought Ortiz vs. Berto for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how much HBO bought Ortiz vs. Berto for?

Anyone know how much HBO bought Ortiz vs. Berto for?

I think I read a while back that Berto made 1.3 for that fight and Ortiz made like 400K. That should give you a rough estimate as far as how much HBO bought the fight for.

Comment

Originally posted by badass316 View Post
      I think I read a while back that Berto made 1.3 for that fight and Ortiz made like 400K. That should give you a rough estimate as far as how much HBO bought the fight for.
      Fuk only 400k for Vicious Victor idk why HBO just loved giving Berto millions of dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
        Fuk only 400k for Vicious Victor idk why HBO just loved giving Berto millions of dollars.
        I think someone gave them the impression that Berto was "the ****z." Now, thanks to victor, they don't have to worry about ponying up more pennies than they need to for one of this fights

Comment

Ya what do you think about Victor vs. Bradley at 147? Bradley must wear headgear though of course for obvious reasons during the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
            Ya what do you think about Victor vs. Bradley at 147? Bradley must wear headgear though of course for obvious reasons during the fight.
            i hope khan gets whats comin 2 him wit regards 2 headbutting.he has done barrera n mc closkey dat way.i tink he uses d head more than bradley does!!!!

Comment

Ortiz will get $1 million + his next fight. HBO is gonna want to make Ortiz one of the faces of HBO like they did with Berto but with Berto that plan horribly backfired.

Comment

Originally posted by niallcollins View Post
                i hope khan gets whats comin 2 him wit regards 2 headbutting.he has done barrera n mc closkey dat way.i tink he uses d head more than bradley does!!!!

iz you stupid?

Comment

They should have paid more.

Comment

berto is lucky to have already made enough to have a decent little nest egg built up, so now it's time to see if he still wants to box now that a million dollar payday isn't guaranteed. That figure sounds about right - cause Berto made 1.1 for freddy. The most I ever remember HBO paying for a fight is Mosley/Margarito - I think they paid like 4-5 million for that fight, with margarito getting the lions share of course. that was at the peak of the economy hitting rock bottom, and HBO did come through for us.

Comment

Working...
                    X