Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else shocked Floyd hasn't shown interest in fighting Margarito now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    The 2nd reason is that I think Floyd is honestly banking on Margarito. He saw what Clottey & Cotto did to him in terms of boxing so I know he's confident but I also think that he feels that Margarito will still fight some big names and win, which would make there fight that much bigger. People clowned him for turning down the 8mil but at that time Margarito was just a name with nothing to back it up. Now he's got some huge wins and is more popular so Floyd could make way more then that 8 if they fight. If he holds out longer and Margarito beats a Williams or Cotto in a rematch then the fight is super huge. Floyd is smart about that stuff.
    For this fight to have appeal to Floyd, Margarito has to dominate so that he's perceived as unbeatable, so that a victory by any means would be the stuff of legacy. I agree the timing isn't right. And I'm not convinced that Floyd has the hunger to risk the 0 in any event though.

I guess the biggest concern I'd have is, if all those blows that Cotto landed couldn't do it, how does Floyd keep him, off him?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
      For this fight to have appeal to Floyd, Margarito has to dominate so that he's perceived as unbeatable, so that a victory by any means would be the stuff of legacy. I agree the timing isn't right. And I'm not convinced that Floyd has the hunger to risk the 0 in any event though.

I guess the biggest concern I'd have is, if all those blows that Cotto landed couldn't do it, how does Floyd keep him, off him?
      How about Tony taking say 5mil & letting Floyd or Oscar for that matter take 20mi. Would the 20mil lure either of these two "commercial fighters" into settling this issue. Would Tony settle for 5mil just to prove the point. I think the promoter could guarantee the 25 million purse between the fighters.

Comment

No, not at all. Margarito looked very impressive in his victory against Cotto and did exactly what he had to do to win. He would put an unbelievable amount of pressure on Floyd Mayweather for 12 full rounds and that's not something Mayweather likes.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler
          No doubt. PBF would likely beat him but he still won't do it. I ain't surprised tho cuz he didn't wanna fight Tony before he whomped Cotto. No way he does now.
          ONE FOR THE MONEY (the old Krisstorerson song) would properly describe
          the thoughts of either Floyd or Oscar fan base in say the 7th round if they ever had guts enough to stand against the Tornedo.

Ive seen you standing there stunned in the spotlight
          Ive seen the sweat streak the pain on your face
          Cause youre caught like a clown in a circle of strangers
          Who do you screw to get out of this place

Comment

Floyd never fight Tony, or Cotto for that matter.

Comment

Working...
            X