No announcement yet.

Gaming PC's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Gaming PC's

[Also posted in Arcade Forum], There's more traffic here so I copied and pasted it here to get more comments.

I'm going to need help with this from the PC gamers, if there's any here.

So I want to go from a console player to a PC player. My computer is old as hell, it's a 2006 computer from e Machines. It's no where near being a gaming PC, and to upgrade it to one I know I will either have to do a lot of upgrading or just buy a new PC.

So here are my embarrassing computer specs, that are outdated even for a normal non gaming PC.

I don't know what you guys need to know so I will just list some of the stuff and you ask me what else you need to know.

Don't laugh at me.

Hard Drive: 120GB
    Memory: 2GB RAM[I see gaming PC's have anywhere from 8-16GB RAM?]
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11[Whatever that is]

Device: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
    Approx. Total Memory: 256MB
    Current Display Mode: 1280 x 720 (32bit) (60 Hz)[I read some where that 32bit is too little for gaming?]
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

If you need to know the driver specs let me know.

So what do you guys have to say about this old piece of crap?

I want to do everything to not throw it away, just upgrade it. Because I can not afford the gaming PC that I want.

Comment

I don't know much about gaming but as far as RAM goes, you should go to crucial.com and scan your computer. It will tell you how much RAM you can add (if any) and even lets you buy it.

Comment

I'll check that out. I have a feeling my computer is too old to upgrade how I want to upgrade it.

Comment

thing with Ram is if you're running xp 32 bit version it will only let you upgrade to 3.5 GB. so very limited. Also if its a emachine im guess it has a AMD processor. the thing is we would be able to upgrade your hard and your ram but proccessor your stuck with. Being that its probably single core things would get choppy

Comment

This is what I got from Crucial.com

Currently Installed Memory: 2GB
            Total Memory Slots: 4
            Available Memory Slots: 3

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              This is what I got from Crucial.com

Currently Installed Memory: 2GB
              Total Memory Slots: 4
              Available Memory Slots: 3
              Does it say you can upgrade the RAM? It should give you the Max RAM that your computer can handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                thing with Ram is if you're running xp 32 bit version it will only let you upgrade to 3.5 GB. so very limited. Also if its a emachine im guess it has a AMD processor. the thing is we would be able to upgrade your hard and your ram but proccessor your stuck with. Being that its probably single core things would get choppy
                I don't know exactly what you are talking about, but I checked the processor if that's what you're talking about then it says Intel, I see nothing about AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                  Does it say you can upgrade the RAM? It should give you the Max RAM that your computer can handle.
                  Damn I closed it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    I don't know exactly what you are talking about, but I checked the processor if that's what you're talking about then it says Intel, I see nothing about AMD.
                    Are you running xp? Intel is it core 2 duo? there should be a sticker on the front.

Comment

Working...
                    X