Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

floyd being past his prime is an advantage for pacquiao..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shoulder Roll View Post
    like freddie roach said floyd doesnt use his legs anymore

floyd doesnt use combinations anymore, his work rate has decreased, his speed isn't the same how it used to be.

apart from that floyd will be 34 years old by the time this fight will happen..they werent ready for him before, roach saw something in the mosley fight.

either way a past prime floyd still beats manny, but is floyd being past his prime an advantage for manny? like if floyd was in his prime he would massacre pacquiao gatti style, but right now since floyd is past his prime this match-up becomes a bit closer
    ****! If Floyd is that beatable then Pac's refusal is even more laughable

Comment

Originally posted by American Dream View Post
      Floyd has been past his prime even before Roach made his statements..but people are confusing the meaning, past his prime doesnt exactly mean hes no longer good..just..Floyd is past it in the sense that hes not what he used to be..but he is still great and the best boxer in the world right now..
      This is precisely the point.

Even so it is still debatable whether or not Mayweather is past his prime, and if we assume he is, it is only by a very small margin. That said, I do believe there is significant potential that he has slipped just a tad bit given his age and relative inactivity lately, but it's tough to say.

Originally posted by Cashis Clay View Post
      dont be thinkin pacquiao is prime neither
      I disagree here, Pac. is the best that he has ever been. Do you honestly believe that the same Pac. who was decisioned by Morales, and who went to hell and back with Marquez, would've, back-to-back, made such easy work of Hatton, Cotto and Clottey? Pacquiao is, in my opinion at the top of his game as of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        Prime is a hard thing to nail down.

I think Physically he may be past his prime in the sense that he probably isn't quite as fast as he used to be.

But mentally I think he's sharper then ever.

I like to think of Bernard hopkins, who at age 36 I would consider still in his prime. It was his peak imo because mentally, he became a true execution of his abilities and strategy. I see floyd in the same way right now.

Sure he may have lost fractions of a second of the speed of his punch, but he is on top of his game right now.
        Some excellent points!

That said, I'm not entirely sure Mayweather has the testicular fortitude of one Bernard Hopkins.

Comment

Pac is defiantly in his prime. To say otherwise is frankly ridiculous. In his last 5 fights he has looked much better than in any other 5-fight sequence in his career.

You can make a strong argument that Mayweather is in his absolute prime. He has looked extremely impressive in his last few fights, certainly better than he was at 140 or 135. However, Mayweather also had a very impressive run at 130, so you can make a plausible argument that that was his prime. However, if Mayweather has declined it is only by a very marginal amount.

Comment

wow freddie is just the king of bull****

Comment

bump.....lets see if pacquiao can beat a semi-retired mayweather..who retired twice. I think a past prime mayweather can beat pacquiao, because i saw a past prime morales beat pacquiao with skills.

Comment

his speed has slipped a little bit with the muscle he put on but past prime is kind of absurd, he didnt use his legs against Mosley because he didnt have to except for the second round he completely dominated shane by standing in front of him

Comment

He's not in his physical prime(or at least this doesn't appear to be his best weight all around) but he is in his mental prime...

I would still give Pac a lotta credit if he defeated him...

Comment

LOL reading this thread is funny

i realize how floyd d!ckriders made an excuse for floyd already if he lost to pacquiao LOL
                    for them not to give pacquiao credit
                    even the fight is too far from happening yet

theyll be like oh floyd wasnt prime anymore HAHAHA funny d!ckriders

keep it up people!

Comment

i know how scared ur floyd is might be when he was seeing pac whooping the asses of the best out there...
                      then when he realizes that his the only one left

he was like oh no not me also, :-S, NO OST, NO FIGHT

and his d!ckriders are here for the rescue like they support their floyds gaynes

maybe without floyd there wont be anymore d!ck for them to ride, they are afraid their floyd might get killed by pacquiao if he wont take OST hahah

first their floyd was like "all pacquiao have to do is call me out and step into the plate then will have a fight"
                      then pacquiao called him out, then 3 weeks silence in floyds camp
                      floyd might have thought of ideas on that 3 weeks silence how to duck the fight b4 negotiating

and they claim their floyd to be the best fighter LOL
                      funny really funny
                      too bad for them for rooting on someone that they dont realize is a chicken

and now this thread is something for them to feel better if their floyd lost really funny
                      Last edited by viperz007; 05-31-2010, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X