No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zou Shi Ming, Gold Medal Winner, To Sign With Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Zou Shi Ming, Gold Medal Winner, To Sign With Top Rank

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum leaves for Beijing on Sunday where he will announce the signing of Olympic flyweight gold medalist Zou Shi Ming at a big press conference on Wednesday.

Arum told BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard that “our first card in Macau will be on April 6 and I’m putting together a couple of title fights while Zou will make his professional debut on the card.”

The Top Rank promoter said he plans to feature WBO/WBA champion Brian Viloria on the card against Juan Francisco Estrada who gave undefeated WBA light flyweight champion Roman “Chocalatito” Gonzalez a tremendous fight on November 17, 2012 on the same card where Viloria scored a 10th round TKO to win the WBA flyweight title from Mexico’s Hernan “Tyson” Marquez.

[Click Here To Read More]

Wow! This kid has an amazing amateur pedigree, 2 Olympic Gold medals & 3 time amateur world champion! That's just as good as Cuban Guillermo Rigondeaux that also has 2 Olympic Golds & 2 time amateur world champion & has 2 world cup titles as well.. & some consider Rigondeuax the greates amateur of all time, I differ from that cause to Me he is not better than Cuban Mario Kindelán, Kindelán was a 3 time world champion, won 2 Olimpic Golds & 1 world cup or better than Cuban Theofilo Stevenson(3 time Olympic gold medalist) or Hungarian László Papp who was also a 3 time Olympic Gold Medalist(in different weight categories)..Zou Shi Ming is right there with Rigondeaux so I guess those same peolpe should consider him the "Other" greatest amateur of all time!LOL!
    Last edited by Tomasio; 01-20-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Ming shouldn't have won that last gold medal and screw this... .I'd rather have Chocalatito than the guy he beat

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
        Wow! This kid has an amazing amateur pedigree, 2 Olympic Gold medals & 3 time amateur world champion! That's just as good as Cuban Guillermo Rigondeaux that also has 2 Olympic Golds & 2 time amateur world champion & has 2 world cup titles as well.. & some consider Rigondeuax the greates amateur of all time, I differ from that cause to Me he is not better than Cuban Mario Kindelán, Kindelán was a 3 time world champion, won 2 Olimpic Golds & 1 world cup or better than Cuban Theofilo Stevenson(3 time Olympic gold medalist) or Hungarian László Papp who was also a 3 time Olympic Gold Medalist(in different weight categories)..Zou Shi Ming is right there with Rigondeaux so I guess those same peolpe should consider him the "Other" greatest amateur of all time!LOL!
        Lol comparing Zou with Rigondeaux . Both Zou gold medals are highly suspect and his " boxing style " is not suited for the ams let alone the Pros . Go watch him on video and get back to me . Rigondeaux is a true champion .

Comment

so he signed w/Arum but Bob's got 2 get him out of China vs valid & good competition, as there is none in china , @ the pro level...big population in CA...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
            so he signed w/Arum but Bob's got 2 get him out of China vs valid & good competition, as there is none in china , @ the pro level...big population in CA...
            Maybe Bob can secure a WBC belt for him, WBC love giving belts to chinese fighters now

Comment

Originally posted by Stevenson#1 View Post
              Lol comparing Zou with Rigondeaux . Both Zou gold medals are highly suspect and his " boxing style " is not suited for the ams let alone the Pros . Go watch him on video and get back to me . Rigondeaux is a true champion .
              yah i remember watching some video on him..he wasn't that good.

Comment

the ****? champ fighting a loser

Comment

Agree with everything. He didn't impress in one fight in London, and definitely lost the final, disgraceful. IIRC I didn't have him beating the Cuban in the 1st round.

Comment

I'm comparing them on their amateur credentials.. Not professionally like u are especially when Zou hasn't even made his pro debut..& It's funny that u may think he did not deserved to win the Gold in the Olympics, well there was a bunch of fighters that did not deserve the victory's they were given in the Olympics & that include the medals they got.& Zou must have done something right to get 3 amateur world titles(it wasn't like they were all fought in China).. & u say Rigondeaux is a real champion, well he is a title holder, but for all the hype they make about his amateur background(which is basically no different than Zou's)Rigodeaux is a title holder that hasn't really impressed anybody & has been involved in lot of boring fights...I'm pretty sure that if the Donaire fight gets done, Rigodeaux is gonna get murdered!

Comment

Working...
                    X