No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves Aims For Statement With a Glen Johnson KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves Aims For Statement With a Glen Johnson KO

GEORGE GROVES admits only a stoppage win over veteran Glen Johnson on Saturday will be good enough for some critics.

The Londoner will fight for only the second time this year due to injuries which cost him a WBO super-middleweight title shot in May.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It would be hugely impressive and pretty unlikely if he could stop Johnson.

But it would be a good win if he could win clearly.

Johnson will fancy it, he's in the last chance saloon and he will see Groves as a pretender.

Comment

I think a stoppage win is very likely.

Johnson is a shell of his former shell and Groves packs a punch in that right hand. Johnson will need to stay on him because if he gives him the time, he'll get outboxed and countered all night. It's one of those big right hand counters that I see being responsible for a late stoppage.

The stoppage may be questionable, but I think it'll come.

Comment

Glen is not even a et now, but a completely shot boxer, who, in his last bout was lurching, reaaching and lunging by rnd 3...this bout 4 Groves proves nothing vs a 42+ yr old ...time 4 all box commishes 2 pull his liscense...

Comment

Really wish Johnson would have stayed retired after the Fonfara loss. He's such a stand-up guy, I don't want to see him get KO'd.

Comment

Thought it was over but i will roll with gentlemen glen one more time WAR GLENCOFFE.

Comment

Only statement Groves would be making is...

by beating Johnson, is that he beat the 2nd coming of Saoul Mamby. If he loses, then it's a totally different statement he makes, LOL. ...

Comment

Working...
              X