No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: After Mikkel Kessler, We'll Look To Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: After Mikkel Kessler, We'll Look To Andre Ward

CARL FROCH can ­finally become the undisputed world super-middleweight champion with two megabucks fights next year.

He is almost certain to meet Mikkel Kessler and Andre Ward – the only two men to have beaten him.

Eddie Hearn, who promotes 35-year-old IBF champion Froch, is close to finalizing another tussle with WBA belt holder Kessler in May or June.

If Froch can come through that battle unscathed, he will then be on course for a November clash with WBC and WBA king Ward. [Click Here To Read More]

You can't beat Ward. After they rob Kessler in England you better forget about Ward and fight Bute or you will suffer a career ending beat down.

Comment

Its great that Froch wants to fight the best he can, but inevitably its going to mean he will lose, or narrowly lose at least one more fight in the future.

He doesnt need Ward. If he just concentrates on minor/middling defences then he should have time to string together an unbeaten half a dozen or more defences before obligatory retiring in middle age.

Comment

I think Froch can stop Kessler. Kessler was hurt bad in the Greene fight, and I can't remember seeing him hurt like that before. Would be nice for Froch to win and then have one more crack at Ward. I think Ward will take him apart but at least he would of gave it a shot. Retirement then for the Cobra

Comment

Originally posted by Milkdogg View Post
          I think Froch can stop Kessler. Kessler was hurt bad in the Greene fight, and I can't remember seeing him hurt like that before. Would be nice for Froch to win and then have one more crack at Ward. I think Ward will take him apart but at least he would of gave it a shot. Retirement then for the Cobra
          Hurt bad?? Hahahaha it was a half slip and he was fine as soon as he got up and dominated him for the rest of the fight and knocked his ass out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
            Its great that Froch wants to fight the best he can, but inevitably its going to mean he will lose, or narrowly lose at least one more fight in the future.

He doesnt need Ward. If he just concentrates on minor/middling defences then he should have time to string together an unbeaten half a dozen or more defences before obligatory retiring in middle age.
            What would be the point in defending his title against mid opponents? He has about 3-4 fights left in him so he needs to make the most of it. Rather be remembered as someone who fought the best every time and came up short a couple than someone who weaseled his way through his last fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
              What would be the point in defending his title against mid opponents? He has about 3-4 fights left in him so he needs to make the most of it. Rather be remembered as someone who fought the best every time and came up short a couple than someone who weaseled his way through his last fights.
              This is the truth right here... Gotta admire Froch for wanting the toughest fights and not just going after easy W's and money. I think he can beat Kessler in a close, maybe slight hometown decision which would be similar to the first fight and could even set up a rubber match if its as good as the first fight. Wouldn't expect him to beat Ward tho, think Ward would possibly even stop Froch second-time round... Whatever happens tho gotta respect Froch for only wanting to go in with the best.

Comment

Froch will win this time ... Kessler is not prime anymore, Froch is.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                  Froch will win this time ... Kessler is not prime anymore, Froch is.
                  What makes you say that?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                    What makes you say that?
                    He was prime vs Calzaghe, or maybe even up until the Ward fight, and that fight hurt him, maybe also psychologically. Since the first Froch fight he has not been as active as Froch, and his opposition has been considerably weaker --- Froch is favourite this time around.
                    Last edited by Weltschmerz; 12-27-2012, 10:11 AM. Reason: misspellings

Comment

Working...
                    X