Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where were you when Buster Douglas knocked out Mike Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was home watching the fight with my family in Yonkers, New York. That is the first fight I ever remember watching as a child. I was 8 and a half years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      Fucks sake how old are you?
      Three and a half decades, how old do I look

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
        in Jersey of course, I think I was in 8th grade (the 2nd base years, good times) I couldn't believe my eyes when he got knockout I thought he was unstoppable...this moment and when Hopkins beat Trinidad have to be the worst moments in boxing for me.
        I was 6 going on 7 ... watched the Tyson Douglas fight at my house with my uncles setting 12 packs right next to their seats ... I remember my Dad driving them back to their house with me and my bro in the very back ... my Tio Luis kept looking back ... Julio (nickname) ... Estas despierto ??? ... funny moment ...

as a Chicano The Tito vs Hopkins entrance made me a fan of Tito ... at least for the moment, I was rooting for him

Comment

I had not spawned...

Comment

Originally posted by -Mustang- View Post
            I was 6 going on 7 ... watched the Tyson Douglas fight at my house with my uncles setting 12 packs right next to their seats ... I remember my Dad driving them back to their house with me and my bro in the very back ... my Tio Luis kept looking back ... Julio (nickname) ... Estas despierto ??? ... funny moment ...

as a Chicano The Tito vs Hopkins entrance made me a fan of Tito ... at least for the moment, I was rooting for him

haaaaaaa!!!!!

I think I tear just ran down my cheek lol!

Green!!! once I can

Comment

Was at home still sucking on a passifier , had no idea who Tyson was , didn't even know who I was lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                They always say people can always recall exactly where they were when a disaster struck. Well, how about when one of the biggest upsets in boxing history occurs?

Do you remember where you were when Buster Douglas knocked out Mike Tyson?
                I normally don't talk about the events that unfolded on February 11, 1990...but I will say that at the time I was a young young kid who for the first time in his life knew the definition of being bewildered,baffled, befuddle, bemused, confounded, dazed, disconcerted, distracted, floored, flustered, mixed up, muddled, mystified, perplexed, puzzled, rattled, stumped, stupefied, thrown for a loop, upset ... and most tragic of all

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
                  I normally don't talk about the events that unfolded on February 11, 1990...but I will say that at the time I was a young young kid who for the first time in his life knew the definition of being bewildered,baffled, befuddle, bemused, confounded, dazed, disconcerted, distracted, floored, flustered, mixed up, muddled, mystified, perplexed, puzzled, rattled, stumped, stupefied, thrown for a loop, upset ... and most tragic of all
                  Me too... but for different reasons.

(Rick The Stick)

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                    Three and a half decades, how old do I look
                    I have no idea what you look like.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      I have no idea what you look like.
                      stop lying, you've been stalking Menudo since you were a young boy.

Comment

Working...
                      X