No announcement yet.

Has Canelo ever been hurt in a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's really the opposite.

Protected fighters like Canelo and JCC Jr. are ruining the sport. Props to Jr for at least taking the Martinez fight and putting on an entertaining (albeit extremely one-sided) fight. Jr finally stepped up and the results were positive for everyone - Martinez got his belt back, Jr got a wake up call that may or may not (probably leaning on the latter) shock him into training a little harder, becoming a better fighter, and the fans got a good show.

Instead of fighting every challenger, finding out who's the real champion, and making great, competitive fights, these guys are literally being handed belts and protected from even semi-dangerous fighters. Just take the Alvarez vs. Lopez fight from last weekend - how was that an enjoyable fight for anyone to watch? How does that prove anything, except that Alvarez is maintaining his superiority over smaller men?

Boxing needs more Josesitos, more Matthysses, more Maidanas. Hell, even more Macklins, more Ajoses.

Comment

You cant really test your chin with fighters like Alfonso Gomez, Matthew Hatton, Carlos Bladomir, Jose Miguel Cotto, and Kermit Cintron(has not KO anyone since 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by bigflip55 View Post
        He wasn't hurt he was off balance, only haters jump to these bs conclusions. You obviously don't box and never have. This stuff happens all the time in sparring/training. S h I t pushed in??? Come to my gym, ill show you s h I t pushed in princess. F u c k I n bloger. 20 bucks says this guy is either some fat p o s or some young bs talkinNever been in a real fight, computer geek waste of human life. S H I t pushed in lol please come to my gym, ask for matt at Monster boxing in southern cali. Id love to show you what some real s H I t is about

Comment

Working...
        X