Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto lost to PAC due to weight drain and a lack of a good trainer....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I admit (if everyone does not know already) I am no Pac fan really. I think his WW success is pretty much all orchestrated with carefully picked old, shot and weight drained fighters. However, I do feel he would have beaten Cotto probably if there was no catch weight. I think Cotto would have performed a little better probably if heavier but would have still lost a 12 round decision. I do feel that Cotto would not have been stopped in the 12th maybe if he had not been a little drained. I still think he would have lost though most likely. He just had no answer for Pac's angles, especially after being hurt by that uppercut. I did have Cotto winning the first 2-3 rounds though interestingly enough. Personally I think the Cotto win was probably the only impressive win Manny has actually had at WW, even though there was a catchweight.

Comment

No excuses, the fights over and done with and the more experienced and hungry fighter won. Pacman has faster hands and feet he uses angles well and the only way to beat him is to catch him coming or back him up!! Cotto is not capable of either of those methods.
      Cotto is a good fighter thats all!!! He's NOT a great fighter he is extremely one dimentional and the beating he took from the cheater Margerito will not go away!!! That type of abuse stays with a fighter and it will hamper him as he gets older and new abuse comes his way. I stated it many times here this young man can not take anymore significant abuse or he will suffer in his mid-life and if he can get to senior years. Why sacrifice anymore health???? I wish these young men had management and trainers that showed respect for them and could have a short term and lonh term agreement in place just like any other sencible business has. Its a shame to have a classy young man like Cotto become a punching bag! Is he going to fight guys with no power who will run all night? What kind of a fight would that be. When you challenge the best and come up short what else is there? You made it to the big bouts so why regress or take a chance of getting hurt perminently!!

Cotto fans..........give this guy respect and hope he walks he has nothing to prove!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
        Does anyone else just do a massive facepalm every time this guy posts? He's so repulsive. It's like he's trying his hardest to look like he's credible but he's blinded by ignorance, and I want to teach him how to use proper punctuation.
        What I know scares you kid , because you dont have the knowledge to face the content of what I write , Im not into hype kid Im into the inner workings of a fighter and Ive spent a life time studying it in man and beast , that didnt go over your head did it ?

Anyway , keep on debating like a school girl , and keep sending me your childish pms lol .

By the way Manny is a WW hype job , and thats not putting him down as a fighter , he is a great fighter I know that , but he aint the WW the hype made him out to be , he was man made !

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
          While I admit (if everyone does not know already) I am no Pac fan really. I think his WW success is pretty much all orchestrated with carefully picked old, shot and weight drained fighters. However, I do feel he would have beaten Cotto probably if there was no catch weight. I think Cotto would have performed a little better probably if heavier but would have still lost a 12 round decision. I do feel that Cotto would not have been stopped in the 12th maybe if he had not been a little drained. I still think he would have lost though most likely. He just had no answer for Pac's angles, especially after being hurt by that uppercut. I did have Cotto winning the first 2-3 rounds though interestingly enough. Personally I think the Cotto win was probably the only impressive win Manny has actually had at WW, even though there was a catchweight.
          Thats all granted , and might be exactly right , but there is one element that you left out , lets say Cotto was drained , it dont have to be dead man walking drained at this level to play into it , it only has to be enough to say knock 10-15% of your performance and your KOed !

Not drained and feeling weak , your better everywhere , now your not getting hit as much , your taking the shot better , you feel stronger , you feel lighter with spring , your reaction time is faster ,,,,, Its a totally different fight ! and you will never know because Manny will not fight Cotto in that healthy state .

These are F1 athletes that scientifically punch each other , you guys talk about them and take so much for granted , man , its razor edge where they are at as an athlete , a split second changes history .

If 2lb can make the difference between wining and losing with a 1000lb racehorse , your gullible to think it cant effect a man in a 40 minute fight .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            What I know scares you kid , because you dont have the knowledge to face the content of what I write , Im not into hype kid Im into the inner workings of a fighter and Ive spent a life time studying it in man and beast , that didnt go over your head did it ?

Anyway , keep on debating like a school girl , and keep sending me your childish pms lol .

By the way Manny is a WW hype job , and thats not putting him down as a fighter , he is a great fighter I know that , but he aint the WW the hype made him out to be , he was man made !
            I can't believe stupid people like this exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
              Look in the mirror !

Comment

Originally posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
                Second this

Comment

ironic.

you're not even a fan of pac or cotto. yet here you are yelping the same stance you have against the guy, it would have been understandable if its a PBF thread.
                  you didnt even get the substance of the matter. that yes its a CW but would the outcome been different if there were no CW between cotto and pac?
                  you're not scaring nobody mano, this is just a boxing forum.
                  its safe to say a pac fanatic troll hit a nerve and made you what you are now as a poster. you need to spend more than just a life time of studyng the inner workings of a fighter with the kind of posts you have.
                  run a long now... before the rest of the pac fanatics have a go at you.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
                    Second this
                    Lol your such a child !

Comment

Look in the mirror !
                      Look in the mirror? Smh at that reply.

Youre either 12 years, gay, or both.

Seriously who talks like that?

Comment

Working...