Collapse
No announcement yet.

greatest win in this current era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosley-DLH, Forrest-Mosley. and Tarver-Jones II stand out to me.

Comment

pac-barrera 1 in the suggestions. theres a lot on my mind though.

Comment

It's difficult to chose. There are Tarver KO2 over Jones , Pacquiao KO11 over Barrera in his first fight at 126, , Klitschko KO8 over Sam Peter after a 4 year retirement, no tune-up, winning almost every rd. Hopkins KO12 over Trinidad, after Trinidad helped with rubble disposal after 9/11.

The last is the most memorable because of the awful history attached, the first is the most shocking and unexpected as a fight result.

Comment

Hopkins win over Tarver is greater then his win over Trinidad IMO

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            Hopkins win over Tarver is greater then his win over Trinidad IMO
            I don't think I can agree with this....but I see your point of view. oooh thats a tough one...

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
              I think they're almost equal, Pascal was The Ring 175 champion, Mosley was the Lineal 147 champion. But what changes everything is the age gap, Hopkins fought a 28 year old at 46, Mayweather fought a 38 year old at 33.
              Pascal got his fight on a technicality ....Mosley knocked out the champ to get how title....

Also Mosley has always been a top rated fighter. Pascal will never be

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                I don't think I can agree with this....but I see your point of view. oooh thats a tough one...
                No way, Tarver was off being a movie star and Hopkins pounced at the perfect time. I think the Tito win is far greater.

Comment

i'm disappointed in yall......... Corrales win over Castillo I............ /

Comment

pac being the only man to stop Morales, not once, but twice has to go down as momentus achievements, especially after losing the first fight.

Knocking the great JMM down so many times gets an honourable mention as well, and not going down himself fighting all these great names needs to be mentioned for all those who try underestimate Pacs standing historically.
                    Has become such a stubborn fighter.

Comment

I'd probably have to say Mosley vs DLH, followed by Hopkins vs Trinidad. Oscar already "beat" Trinidad for all intensive purposes, which lowers B-Hop's win over Trinidad in my mind, so from my perspective Mosley came up in weight to face the best fighter at 147 lbs at the time, and won in a great fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X