No announcement yet.

Matthew macklin vs amin asikainen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew macklin vs amin asikainen

macklin takes on asikainen this friday 25th of september for the european middle weight title ... does macklin have enough to take this one and if he does capture the title will he get a world title shot next year??

I know very little about his opponent other than he is apparently as tough as nails. I was really looking forward to Macklin v Barker that would have been one of the best domestic fights in quite some time.

Comment

Darren barker should step up his quality of opponents thats for sure....

Comment

I would have fancied Barker over Macklin actually.

Comment

I thought Barker and Macklin were supposed to fight this year?

Comment

Yeah, Barker could do with stepping it up, although I was impressed by his last fight (considering that McDermott really should've been considered undefeated going into it). He just needs to fight more often.

Barker, Macklin and McEwan are all 27, so it'd be nice to see them face each other and then try and get a fight with Sturm or Sylvester. McEwan has only been a pro since 2006 (5 years less than Macklin) so he might need a bit longer before stepping up, but the other 2 should be trying to get themselves an eliminator for a world title.

Comment

Mcewan 27? and only 16 fights and 9 kos? he would want to get his skates on.

Comment

I hope Asikainen wins, for no reasons other than that he is Finnish. It would help create boxing bigger in Finland, especially if Asikainen gets a title shot due to it.

I imagine he won't though, his punch resistance seemed completely gone against Khoren Gevor.

Comment

I always wondered why there were no famous Finnish boxers. Lord knows you got the genetics for it. As far as heavyweights are concerned anyway.

Comment

Robert Helenius seems to be a good prospect. His next fight should be an interesting one, as he's fighting someone who has only lost via SD and MD.

Comment

Working...
                    X