Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sparring on Xanax or any other drugs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring on Xanax or any other drugs...

just curious if any of you guys ever took any drugs before you fought, or sparred someone...

back in 06 one time this guy from texas, 250lb white kid who played football collegiately somewhere, I forget....It was my day to break him in, i really didnt even wanna goto the gym but I did, for no reason I ate about 4mg of xanax...if u dont know what xanax is, its basically a drug that makes you calm all the time, even when the **** hits the fan. See your brain naturally releases a little bit of the calm feeling when it senses that you are in a stressful situation, to calm you down. xanax basically opens the flow on that and it makes you just calm all the time until something doesnt go your way...its weird and very addictive, i just played with it i suggest you all to not try it as ive heard bad, bad stories about the addictiveness of it. anyway

so this kid came at me, (southpaw) and i was just so calm, i put my guard up and let him bust up my gloves. I'd close the gap and move my gloves to my ears, i remember feeling pitty pat hooks and etc on my ears and then he landed a pretty weak uppercut, that got my attention. I went from total defense , to 'im gonna kill you with one punch' and was just lunging at this guy, throwing the ugliest homeruns u could ever imagine. for three minutes. haymaker, afgter haymaker. this dude was running away and my punches were grazing the back of his head, some of them, near the end of the round. one shot was a full rabbit punch and it actually hurt him enough to where he quit and wouldnt go another round with me. i dont remember anything except that, because xanax affects memory very much. i just remember not landing a single haymaker on his chin, all my landed shots i remember hitting hair. hahah...anyway, that was an interesting night.

probably not the best idea, but if you take xanax regularly i would say you should atleast be comfortable fighting on it then.

me, i have to take pain meds everyday, so if i spar of course i am going to be on them. but i don't take them right before i spar or anything.

edit: it has never negatively affected my performance in sparring btw.

Comment

a while back my friend hooked me up with some of his oppessive composlive disorder medications(several pills from each bottle). I believe I was calmer and usually I get nurvous when I go to the gym or about to spar and I didint feel any of that when I hit them meds up lol

Comment

son! i just sparred 3 rounds on saturday ... ****en guy battered me, wasn't even cool.

when i got in my car i thought to myself "if i was high i would a done better" ... thats my contribution to this thread.

Comment

Stay away from drugs - they're SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Comment

an addictive drug that makes you lose memory is not good fro any sport

Comment

Drop some acid or mushrooms next time before you spar and tell us about your experience...

Comment

Originally posted by JayWater39 View Post
                an addictive drug that makes you lose memory is not good fro any sport
                indeed very true, you forget about the things you learned from the spar

but, it's worth noting how much of an emotional rollercoaster even a sparring match can become if it becomes a slugfest.

the one guy who takes pain meds, J is his name, i remember you are into mma if my memory serves me correct...i may be wrong. See, in MMA you could probably end up a better fighter if you took meds every time you sparred, because something as simple as a Loritab or two would increase your pain threshold SO much to where youd end up getting bones broken before you tapped out. Actually I think you'd be okay on Loris but if you go in the ring ****ing with the oxy or roxy stuff, I think you'd end up forgetting to tap and getting bones broken/ dislocations...

I have hit a bag on pain meds and done trainin like that, it DOES make it to where you notice muscular fatigue alot less, all of a sudden that arm just stops working, it's strange. Like once I ate about 4 LT 10's, (Pain medication) this was when my right hand was all in a cast and my idea was to improve my left hook...

I just ate 4, went out and threw as many left hooks as I could...i was out there for like fifteen twenty minutes without a break , ipod on, just bombing on the bag...after that 20 minutes and the next morning that whole side of my body was sore and when I would train after that, I noticed a slight increase in power on that left hook after the muscles healed up. So, it has it's benefits.......but I think training naturally is the best bet, as I didn't throw a hook on a heavy bag for days after that, ideal training is something that can be done on a daily basis.
                Last edited by Stormin' Norman; 07-21-2008, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X