The Walking Dead[TV]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** just got real!

Comment

• That was a great episode. I liked Daryl's comeback in the end and the unexpected Merle comeback too.

Comment

• Best episode so far, the group came together.

Comment

• I thought it was an alright episode. I swear this dude Rick's timing couldn't be worse.

Comment

• The first half wasn't anything, the 2nd half was PHENOMENAL

Comment

• The prisoner must have been thinking he was about to get some old punani and then along came a bullet to **** up his day.
              Last edited by Jam Jars; 02-18-2013, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• I suppose I'm also someone who feels the show is getting "soap opera-ish." It's completely understandable that if the mother of your child died giving birth to your daughter in the middle of a zombie apocalypse you'd might go nuts, but the way they're showing him go nuts is a little too melodramatic IMO. Visions of your dead whore wife are one thing, but then becoming an emotional zombie and wandering around like you yourself are the walking dead is a bit melodramatic, no?

My main gripe against the storyline is The Governor and his fort that he built with his goons. Everything about him screams, "Hey, I'm the villain!" And now he's getting the fuckin' eyepatch which makes his character seem even cornier. It's just the way they have this city set up where people are walking around like it's the Best Place in The World, USA and then gather around for zombie fights on Friday nights to blow off steam is corny. Then they get scared when a gun battle erupts at the zombie fights and Andrea gives them a pep talk and they calm down in five seconds. And the Governor meanwhile is away brooding, still pissed that Michonne broke all the heads in the jars. Yeah, I realize the show is based on a comic book series, but still, this stuff takes it out of the "realistic" element for me.

The reason why the Governor subplot is so disappointing is that in the past they demonstrated that the show could present far more realistic villains. In Season 2 (I think) when Rick, Hershel and Glen got stuck in that bar and they were confronted by those sheisty dudes, to me those are the types of characters that would have been more effective villains because they seem more normal and you can imagine that these kind of people would be roaming around taking advantage of other people (as I recall, there was even the hint that these dudes would waste no time raping all the women they came across, something way more horrifying than staging Friday Night Zombie Fights, IMO).

Having said all this, the latest episode really delivered a big surprise in the last 10 minutes, when that prisoner dude was telling his story. That was a good scene.

But, overall, I still like the show.

Comment

• Anyone got any idea who the ninja that drove the van of zombies into the prison is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Libido Sanchez View Post
                    I suppose I'm also someone who feels the show is getting "soap opera-ish." It's completely understandable that if the mother of your child died giving birth to your daughter in the middle of a zombie apocalypse you'd might go nuts, but the way they're showing him go nuts is a little too melodramatic IMO. Visions of your dead whore wife are one thing, but then becoming an emotional zombie and wandering around like you yourself are the walking dead is a bit melodramatic, no?

My main gripe against the storyline is The Governor and his fort that he built with his goons. Everything about him screams, "Hey, I'm the villain!" And now he's getting the fuckin' eyepatch which makes his character seem even cornier. It's just the way they have this city set up where people are walking around like it's the Best Place in The World, USA and then gather around for zombie fights on Friday nights to blow off steam is corny. Then they get scared when a gun battle erupts at the zombie fights and Andrea gives them a pep talk and they calm down in five seconds. And the Governor meanwhile is away brooding, still pissed that Michonne broke all the heads in the jars. Yeah, I realize the show is based on a comic book series, but still, this stuff takes it out of the "realistic" element for me.

The reason why the Governor subplot is so disappointing is that in the past they demonstrated that the show could present far more realistic villains. In Season 2 (I think) when Rick, Hershel and Glen got stuck in that bar and they were confronted by those sheisty dudes, to me those are the types of characters that would have been more effective villains because they seem more normal and you can imagine that these kind of people would be roaming around taking advantage of other people (as I recall, there was even the hint that these dudes would waste no time raping all the women they came across, something way more horrifying than staging Friday Night Zombie Fights, IMO).

Having said all this, the latest episode really delivered a big surprise in the last 10 minutes, when that prisoner dude was telling his story. That was a good scene.

But, overall, I still like the show.

thank you. finally someone who gets it.

the show is about zombies and surviving in a zombie world.

why spend an entire 30 minutes on people's feelings? this episode was like the floyd oscar fight. pitty pat drama then they finally decide to fight in the end.

memo to show runners:

WE CAME HERE TO SEE ZOMBIES AND KILLING. NOT THEIR ZOMBIE WORLD METHOD ACTING.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                      thank you. finally someone who gets it.

the show is about zombies and surviving in a zombie world.

why spend an entire 30 minutes on people's feelings? this episode was like the floyd oscar fight. pitty pat drama then they finally decide to fight in the end.

memo to show runners:

WE CAME HERE TO SEE ZOMBIES AND KILLING. NOT THEIR ZOMBIE WORLD METHOD ACTING.

The show is about whatever the hell the writers want it to be about. If you don't like it, don't watch. By now everyone knows what the show is like and it isn't going to change so STFU.

Comment

Working...
                      X