No announcement yet.

Jones would be destroyed at HW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones would be destroyed at HW

.. Seriously Gus was very impressive tonight and he should win 3-2 IMO.. that elbow helped Jones win the last 2..

But Jones couldn't land a takedown even with GUS exhausted.. seriously it was bad.. the minute he comes up against someone his size.. he gets beaten on his feet and can't take them down.

Imagine him vs HWs who are stronger then him??

I thought the Jones physical/reach **** was overplayed but it doesn't seem so..

I was shocked to see Jones being unable to take him down(11/12 td's stuffed) and even unable to keep him down but I think that was just fatique at that point. I admit, I thought Jones' strength and Greco would carry over to HW for sure but now I'm not so sure. Maybe Alexander is just that good though?

Although I never thought he'd beat Cain though. Even when Jones look at his most unbeatable, I always thought Cain and maybe Cormier would be a nightmare for him.

Comment

DC would destroy Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson Silva
        DC would destroy Jones
        I dont think so. Gustaffson is a much more proficent striker then Cormier. Jones would pick him apart. Cormier would need to be wrestling heavy to even have a chance. Jones brutally stops the Cormier who fought Mir

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
          I dont think so. Gustaffson is a much more proficent striker then Cormier. Jones would pick him apart. Cormier would need to be wrestling heavy to even have a chance. Jones brutally stops the Cormier who fought Mir

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Man Cormier has ****** strength lets be honest.. he lit Barnett up on his feet who is no slouch albeit he broke his hand.

You can't read in to much the Mir fight.. it was his first UFC fight.. Mir isn't a good striker but has KO power.. he fought safe..

I mean Barnett destroyed Mir.. but Cormier battered Barnett.. it means nothing.. The problem is the fight will happen at LHW and Cormier has had problems cutting in the past (serious problems). But again the thing is Cormier seems smaller then Jones.. i think his wrestling is better.. its just can he get inside to use it?

But the big guys at HW will beat up Jones seriously.. his striking is not good if you match his physical advantages.. Gus has obviously been training on his wrestling.. BUT he is not known for it and hasn't got top wrestling credentials..

JDS.. Cain.. Barnett.. Werdum would beat him easily

Even fringe guys like Struve.. Schraub etc would have a good shot..

I hate the guy.. but damn could you imagine Jones vs Overeem.. reem would put him in a casket

Comment

At this point I wonder how much of Jones' success was just geometry, in which case he may look great against guys like Cormier or Nelson or anyone else who he can throw lots of techniques at from a safe distance. I think if he can't deal with Gus' simple punches he'd be in deep **** against the big tall guys like JDS, Velesquez or Brown.

Comment

Realistically I don't think this is even being thought about until 3-5 years down the line. Their assuming Bones is gonna grow more into what is a lanky frame when it's talked about. Of course now there will be Bones/Gustaffson 2 at least I'd assume within their next two fights and then if Silva is successful their talking Bones/Silva sometime in 2014. I don't think that spells him thinking about Heavyweight anytime soon. The talk of that was when it seemed his dominance on the division had the UFC potentially wanting to find a decent fight for him. I believe with Gustaffson giving him a good fight we won't hear talk of that for quite a bit now as far as seriously. I could view him popping up in weight a few fights like Anderson but I don't think Bones is heading towards any kind of serious heavyweight run in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
                Man Cormier has ****** strength lets be honest.. he lit Barnett up on his feet who is no slouch albeit he broke his hand.

You can't read in to much the Mir fight.. it was his first UFC fight.. Mir isn't a good striker but has KO power.. he fought safe..

I mean Barnett destroyed Mir.. but Cormier battered Barnett.. it means nothing.. The problem is the fight will happen at LHW and Cormier has had problems cutting in the past (serious problems). But again the thing is Cormier seems smaller then Jones.. i think his wrestling is better.. its just can he get inside to use it?

But the big guys at HW will beat up Jones seriously.. his striking is not good if you match his physical advantages.. Gus has obviously been training on his wrestling.. BUT he is not known for it and hasn't got top wrestling credentials..

JDS.. Cain.. Barnett.. Werdum would beat him easily

Even fringe guys like Struve.. Schraub etc would have a good shot..

I hate the guy.. but damn could you imagine Jones vs Overeem.. reem would put him in a casket
                If DC wants Jones down, its going to happen. His a Olympic wrestling gold medallist..

Comment

^He may take Jones down, but keep him there long enough? Doubtful. Even more doubtful that he could accomplish something with those td's like GnP or subs. What else could he do? Jones would completely outclass him standing and he also has superior stamina. It would just be another midget getting picked apart, Cormier is no Cain.

I think people are looking too much into this. Gus has larger physical stats than the majority of heavyweights, moves better than any of them by far and his boxing is also more technical. Better jab than any HW atleast. I still only favor about 3 guys over him in this mythical time where Jones has packed on enough mass.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                    ^He may take Jones down, but keep him there long enough? Doubtful. Even more doubtful that he could accomplish something with those td's like GnP or subs. What else could he do? Jones would completely outclass him standing and he also has superior stamina. It would just be another midget getting picked apart, Cormier is no Cain.

I think people are looking too much into this. Gus has larger physical stats than the majority of heavyweights, moves better than any of them by far and his boxing is also more technical. Better jab than any HW atleast. I still only favor about 3 guys over him in this mythical time where Jones has packed on enough mass.
                    You obviously have not seen the Cormier vs Barnett fight... or Barnett vs Bigfoot...

Comment

Working...
                    X