Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I never knew Marlon Starling was involved in such a tragic fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Canadian lightweight named Cleveland Denny was stopped on the undercard of the first Leonard-Duran fight; sixteen days later, he died after never regaining consciousness. The official was apparently standing behind the opponent, Gaetan Hart, furiously trying to wave off the fight, but Hart never saw it and continued to pummel Denny.

I never complain about "premature stoppages" in boxing. Always better to stop a fight too early than to stop it too late.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
      A Canadian lightweight named Cleveland Denny was stopped on the undercard of the first Leonard-Duran fight; sixteen days later, he died after never regaining consciousness. The official was apparently standing behind the opponent, Gaetan Hart, furiously trying to wave off the fight, but Hart never saw it and continued to pummel Denny.

I never complain about "premature stoppages" in boxing. Always better to stop a fight too early than to stop it too late.

Just prior to that Hart had put a guy named Ralph Racine into a coma. He survived but suffered some damage.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso
        I could care less about them! I didn't go to a thread they were on and question their validity about a thing, understand! They came on a thread that was talking about death and I shared an experience I had at the Hartford Civic Center years ago!! I hestitated to do this but I did it!
        I'm not ON the internet, I was involved prior to the internet, my gym name is active today!! The gym is run by a young man who came out of the navy in 1978 and became a member of the gym and subsequently became a confident to the point of taking my kids to National Shows (my son too) his name is Brian Clark. He developed Chad Dawson at the Ring One Boxing Club in New Haven Conn.among other nationally known amatuer competitors. He took over the gym in 1985!!
        I worked for Vito Talareta from Enfeild Ct. he was a long time matchmaker who helped me with local fighters that trained at my gym. I also went all over the world handling his fighters and other matchmakers fighters without representation. I made a list of fighters that came to me to help them get ready for prime bouts in their lives. All of them welknown in their time and all respectfull of me. I see no respect here, respect is the first thing I teach in a boxing gym without it theres no basis for learning.
        I have no desire to talk with some 16 yr old kid who has no respect. This is the second or third time that barnburner has "quoted" one of my responces and his comment had nothing to do with the thread topic! You see theres a thing going on here that I recognize and its these two morons simply being intimadted by someone who has far more knowledge than them. Its almost a little turf thing haahaha!! I don't look for them they come to me!!

I'm not posting a damn thing on this site in regards to photos, I see how the Manny KO is treated with disrespect here and how some of these animals disgraced a young Paul Williams photos! No thanks, I have NOTHING to prove to any of you that doubt my validity! There are members here who send me videos of their fighters to get my comments and I'm glad to give them an outside opinion. I wonder does a 16 yr old kid get the same request and barnyard too??? I doubt it, tired of this BS!! Move on children! Ray.
        It's specifically respect you lack Ray. You talk about it constantly, and people have shown it to you, but you certainly don't show it to anyone here.

I struggle to believe a guy old enough to have been training well before the Internet would use terms like 'azzholes'. Even I don't do that ****. What's next, we're all a bunch of 'haterzz' too?

Get a grip ray. Act your age.
        Last edited by JAB5239; 01-17-2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X