No announcement yet.

What do you know about Islam?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you know about Islam?

Basically my question to you is what do you know about Islam or what you think you may know, according to the Guinness book of records Islam is the worlds fastest growing religion by numbers of conversion each year but it seems to be one where people know little about.

Common answers: terrorists, suicide bombers, oppressors, peados.

So basically, they know **** all. They think they know from they're media outlets and self righteous interpretations of the Quran and Ahadith.

Yet they don't understand the basics of fiqh lol

Comment

I read the other day that thousands of people are leaving it. Religion is just business. Faith doesn't need approval or to be sold, but religion does.

Comment

Because of the area I work where 90% of the clientele are Muslim, I know some of the basics.

For example I know it means if food is Halal or not.

I am familiar with their holidays such as Eid... or Ramadan their period of fasting.

More cultural than religious, but calling someone "brother" is a huge sign of respect. Also calling elderly women "auntie" is also considered a very respectful term.
        Last edited by deliveryman; 01-08-2013, 06:59 AM.

Comment

I know Terrel is gay so he shouldn't be a muslim

Comment

That the qu'ran quotes jesus more than it does mohammed

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              I know Terrel is gay so he shouldn't be a muslim
              Thanks for the respose guys I just wanted this topic to be on what people on here know about Islam. What Terrel posted earlier is sad but true, the common people if asked about Islam would only mention the headlines associated to them by the news.

I kind of want this thread to also clear up any misconception that people may have about Islam and muslims, I'll try my best to answer in questions that you may may have.

Comment

In a historic context, I know that Islam began around the year 610 in the Arabian penninsula, when the prophet Muhammad began preaching the revelation that he supposedly received from God when he was 40 years old.

I also know that much like Christianity, it's spread was helped in large part due to a variety of armed empires and dynasties who spread out conquering surrounding areas in order to further their goal of subjugating as many people as possible . The Umayyad caliphate (and other successive ones) were particularly successful in propagating the faith by treating all non-Muslims in the region as second class citizens.

That's a very brief synopsis on the origins of Islam.

More important than that, is that I view Islam in the same way that I view every other monotheistic and Abrahamic religion of the world : As a putrid cancer that not only hinders our advancement as a species by attempting to permanently shackle us to our primitive past, but as the ultimate form of both mental slavery, and pure evil.

Comment

I know that Muslims eschew worldly debaucheries such as illicit sex, drinking and eating so that one day they might go to heaven. What's in heaven? Debauchery such as illicit sex, drinking and eating.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    In a historic context, I know that Islam began around the year 610 in the Arabian penninsula, when the prophet Muhammad began preaching the revelation that he supposedly received from God when he was 40 years old.

I also know that much like Christianity, it's spread was helped in large part due to a variety of armed empires and dynasties who spread out conquering surrounding areas in order to further their goal of subjugating as many people as possible . The Umayyad caliphate (and other successive ones) were particularly successful in propagating the faith by treating all non-Muslims in the region as second class citizens.

That's a very brief synopsis on the origins of Islam.

More important than that, is that I view Islam in the same way that I view every other monotheistic and Abrahamic religion of the world : As a putrid cancer that not only hinders our advancement as a species by attempting to permanently shackle us to our primitive past, but as the ultimate form of both mental slavery, and pure evil.
                    What do you reckon two rocks crashed into eachother and you emerged out of a swamp somewhere
                    Last edited by shinobi108; 01-08-2013, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X