Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here been laid off before? Damn, this sucks......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I was still in college I was laid off as the company I worked for slowly went under. I worked there for 3 years and quit to take some time off right before college. I eventually got a job with the town, thinking it would be a good, serious job; it wasn't. I quit knowing I still had that company to fall back on and was rehired. Three months later, on new years eve, I was laid off. I knew it was coming, they had me training people who would outlast me. Eventually the company went bankrupt. It took like a month to get a new job. I was living with my parents so it wasn't scary, just annoying. Good luck man.

Comment

I was laid off from my job with 2 weeks notice and no severance pay, imagine that.

But it the end it turn out good man, I'm self employed now and for the last 3 months I've made more money. But I'm a filmmaker.

Just go for that company idea you had in mind man, now is the time. Sometimes it takes stuff like this to finally push towards something you have always wanted but your job keep holding you back from.

You will be alright man.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
        I was laid off from my job with 2 weeks notice and no severance pay, imagine that.

But it the end it turn out good man, I'm self employed now and for the last 3 months I've made more money. But I'm a filmmaker.

Just go for that company idea you had in mind man, now is the time. Sometimes it takes stuff like this to finally push towards something you have always wanted but your job keep holding you back from.

You will be alright man.
        Man, thank you bro. Thats exactly how I feel. No better time than now. I didnt want to mess anything up with my job, so I didnt go for it. But right now, I have nothing to lose, and if all fails, I got unemployment to fall back on. Add to that, my fiance's income covers all the bills and mortgage, I would regret not at least going for it, and trying to make something happen.

Thanks bro, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Always View Post
          Thanks bro..... I think Im just gonna end up starting my own pool business. My mom owns our little family business, and she has been pushing me for so long to stop working for a company, and start my own.

I think Im gonna take her advice, and just start my own ****.
          I have a question about the pressure on my pool filter...would you know about that?

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
            I have a question about the pressure on my pool filter...would you know about that?
            For sure..... Ask, and I am pretty sure that I will know the answer.

Comment

For sure..... Ask, and I am pretty sure that I will know the answer.
              after 45 minutes my filter pressure goes up pass 20...so I have to back wash then its fine but then it happens again...

Comment

Damn sorry to hear that ... But now is a good time to try out your own business, especially if you have the support of your wife ... Good Luck with everything HTown

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                  after 45 minutes my filter pressure goes up pass 20...so I have to back wash then its fine but then it happens again...
                  So if youre backwashing, that means you either have a DE filter, or a Sand Filter. More than likely it is a DE filter, so what you need is a yearly filter breakdown. Everytime you backwash, you take out most of the DE, but it doesnt take it all out. So throughout out the year, all the left over DE stays in there, and it makes the pressure go up. No matter how many times you backwash, it adds up. You need to open up, and take the lid off of your filter, clean your grids, make sure the manifold is not broken, make sure there are no tears in the in the grids, pulls the drain plug off and clean the inside of the filter.

Im almost 100% sure that is what it is......

Comment

Originally posted by -Mustang- View Post
                    Damn sorry to hear that ... But now is a good time to try out your own business, especially if you have the support of your wife ... Good Luck with everything HTown
                    Thanks bro.... Yea, Im just gonna do the whole "Start my own business" thing, and get this ball rolling.

Comment

So if youre backwashing, that means you either have a DE filter, or a Sand Filter. More than likely it is a DE filter, so what you need is a yearly filter breakdown. Everytime you backwash, you take out most of the DE, but it doesnt take it all out. So throughout out the year, all the left over DE stays in there, and it makes the pressure go up. No matter how many times you backwash, it adds up. You need to open up, and take the lid off of your filter, clean your grids, make sure the manifold is not broken, make sure there are no tears in the in the grids, pulls the drain plug off and clean the inside of the filter.

Im almost 100% sure that is what it is......
                      yup! its a DE filter...when I get home I'm going to try what you said...I'll keep you updated on it to see if it works...thanks bud!
                      can't give green now but once I can I'll green you...gift sent!
                      Last edited by -jose-; 07-09-2012, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X