No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UnDeniable View Post
    NSB... where throwing punches at someones arms and shoulder constitutes winning a fight
    Are you fkin kidding me? Where you think the bloody nose came from? You gonna tell me Cotto wasn't touching up Mayweather, face and body?

Anyway, fk off if you can't stick to the subject. This topic ain't even about the scorecards.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
      On that note, Cotto blocked most of Floyd's punches as well so how come the official judges gave him like every round? Reality...where Floyd wins every round whether he lands on the opponent or not.
      They score Mayweather's rounds on how many punches he parries or how many times he holds. Tony Weeks looking straight at this fkin guy holding Cotto's arm for a whole minute and just touches him once to stop.

Must... stay.... on... topic...

Comment

• Mayweather has a good chin. Cotto never really hit him with big punches flush. I'd even say Ortiz got him with harder punches in that 4th round than Cotto did all night, but Cotto fought a better fight than Ortiz did. I thought Floyd looked better in this fight than the Ortiz fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Are you fkin kidding me? Where you think the bloody nose came from? You gonna tell me Cotto wasn't touching up Mayweather, face and body?

Anyway, fk off if you can't stick to the subject. This topic ain't even about the scorecards.
          The subject changed as soon as you made that ludicrous statement

Deal with it

Comment

• On YOUR Scorecard, Which was closer? Oscar vs Floyd or Cotto vs Floyd?

The official judges had Oscar vs Floyd closer than Cotto vs Floyd. Floyd's only Split Decision victory was vs Oscar. After watching last night's fight which fight do you feel was closer? How did you score each on YOUR personal scorecards?

Comment

And that's the way he fades in late/championship rounds. To tell you the truth I had Cotto winning 5-4 up till the 10th round. Once the 10th came around he became more vulnerable and more passive. It seems like he suffers from Juanma syndrome, they fade in late rounds. It happened vs Margarito 1 (plasters or not), I had the feeling it was happening in Margarito 2, it happened vs Pacquiao and last night vs Mayweather. I think if Cotto didn't have this problem he would've beat Mayweather, in my scorecards at least. Now whether you had him winning or not you can't say he doesn't seem to fade late rounds.

Im not trying to talk **** about Cotto or knock on his game, Im just pointing out an issue that I see in him. It was a great fight by Cotto and a good performance. I truly was one of those guys who thought he was done after the first Margarito (even tho I bet on him for last night) but he proved me wrong. I had a feeling Diaz rejuvenated him from all the interviews and videos I watched and it seems like he did.
              Your scoring is very questionable.

Cotto won 2-3 rounds. He busted Floyd's nose with the jab early on.

Comment

They score Mayweather's rounds on how many punches he parries or how many times he holds. Tony Weeks looking straight at this fkin guy holding Cotto's arm for a whole minute and just touches him once to stop.

Must... stay.... on... topic...
                Last i checked, Defense is one of the criteria's in scoring fights

Comment

• The only thing Diaz can do about that is run his camps in a High altitude. But as 24/7 has shown he makes Cotto train on sand and on inclines. Diaz knows that's an issue but 1. Cotto is on the down side of his great career and 2. Cotto calls the shots and he isn't picking up camp from Florida and going to Denver or Big Bear so for as long as he continues to fight it'll be an issue for him.

Comment

• Mayweather has and has always had an excellent chin

Comment

• cotto no question i had mayweather by a rd

against dlh 3 or 4 rds

Comment

Working...
                      X