a video of my third session on the speedbag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a video of my third session on the speedbag

i would like your honest feedbacks.

this is my third day on the speedbag. i know i'm slow (just wanted to show form really) and should be moving as fast as i could on all occasions but understand this is at the end of my 2 and half hour session on the speedbag when i just realized i should make a video to show you guys, no excuses though.

i have no experience in boxing at all, consider myself an enthusiast and have been watching videos for the last couple of weeks now. finally decided to buy a speed bag the other day.

from what i've noticed myself.
    - jab was more an elbow snap, instead of coming straight from the shoulder (could be the angle?)
    - that hop after the slip and weave needs work
    - need that constant hustle and speed to improve

[youtube]05bvYvCWlAM[/youtube]

in case you didn't notice, i'm working with very limited space.

need 15 posts to post url...

i swear if someone in toronto watching this video could point me in the right direction. i want to take boxing as seriously as possible, i know i'm already 22 and need to work as hard as possible soon. none of this basement *****.

Comment

i'm so hungry. literally and figuratively.

Comment

here you go, i don't know how to embed..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05bvY...ature=youtu.be

Comment

no response..

Comment

you suck...

Comment

I couldn't watch all of it as I'm at work atm but a few things id try and focus on first.

You can't run unless you learn to walk properly - else you'll run like a tard.

When hitting the bag rap it with your knuckles first, then hit it with the flat(bottom) side of your fist. Do this per hand. So Knuckes/fist with the right - then knuckles/fist with the left.

If you're orthadox you'll find it's more tricky to hit the bag with your left, but it'll make your jab super fast and nothing feels better than landing a jab through a guard imo.

Do not worry about slipping anything. There is no point in doing it if the bag isn't swinging fast enough and if you can't take off from where you left off before the slip.

Take it slow, focus on getting the form right, with both hands, then increase the speed. Then once you get real good you don't have to rap with your knuckles, and you can mix up the pace, which hands you use and then add slipping.

Comment

3rd day and you're playing Tyson.. lol... can you at least hit it nonstop at decent speed for 3 minutes straight?

Comment

that dude who told me i suck, i appreciate it... i was starting to feel nice cause i can actually hit it now, now i'm going back at it to really "hit" it.

Comment

1st. the bag is to low, get the bottom of the bag up to your chin. The way to learn the basic technique is to strike with your fist first then your hammer (side of fist) ....knuckles, hammer! Right hand fist/knuckle then left hand fist knuckle.
                    this will take you longer to learn than just using your hammer as your showing in your video but you will be learning it correctly. Plus once you learn it right you'll be able to do alot more on the bag! Don't row your arms, strike out bring the hands directly back thats one of the techniques the bag teaches, Hands Up! Get it done and make a new video in a week! Ray
                    add some weight on top of the platform. You'll get better reaction from the bag that way! Probably 10lbs should help!
                    Last edited by Ray Corso; 01-28-2013, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X