Collapse
No announcement yet.

The problem with American boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

being labeled "BORING" is a badge of honor especially on this forum and from casual fans

what makes me laugh is how most of the fighters who are LABELED "BORING" DOMINATES MOST THE P4P Rankings (Chad Dawson, Andre Ward, Floyd Mayweather, JMM, Bradley, Chemito Moreno, Klitschko's) and the fighters considered "EXCITING" are not even "RANKED"

where are all the fighters that are considered "EXCITING" on the P4P Rankings? other then Pacquiao and Donaire I guess...

Not only that but all the fighters that are considered "BORING" would BOX CIRCLES around those "EXCITING FIGHTERS" EASILY!

So give me SKILLED AND BORING over EXCITING AND NO/AVERAGE SKILLS Any Day! While you and your Exciting Style will be good until you reach your 30's, by the time I hit 30 I will still be in my PRIME

Comment

Thing with guys like chambers and jennings is that its pretty obvious that they physically cant be killers.

THey naturally dont have power so they go about winning the best way they can

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
        its funny.. american fighters are the most diverse in the world when it comes to styles and abilities yet they are always getting bunched together.

the amjority of american fighters might be boxers but there are lots of brawlers and punchers out there too. boxers arent boring either, how can you call yourself a boxing fan and not like boxing?
        Boxer-punchers, yes, who doesn't like a boxer-puncher?

But pure boxers like Cory Spinks, I don't think anyone outside of St. Louis likes him.

Comment

Kirkland is the last of a dying breed. Once his shoulder clears up alvarez will get it worst then Angulo!

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
            Kirkland is the last of a dying breed. Once his shoulder clears up alvarez will get it worst then Angulo!
            the Kirkland that was out-boxed by a boring Carlos Molina? hahaha Just Saying!

Comment

Are we talking all American Boxers or just the HW boxers??? If it's all American boxers, you couldn't be more wrong. But if it's HW's, I'd have to agree.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                its funny.. american fighters are the most diverse in the world when it comes to styles and abilities yet they are always getting bunched together.

the amjority of american fighters might be boxers but there are lots of brawlers and punchers out there too. boxers arent boring either, how can you call yourself a boxing fan and not like boxing?
                this mentality hurts when they are able to get away with taking the least amount of risks

Comment

Working...
                X