No announcement yet.

Nate Campbell vs. Emmanuel Agustus@140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Campbell vs. Emmanuel Agustus@140

Why do I see Agustus prevailing in this one? Is it because hes probably the better boxer? Hmm. I dont know. I like this one though.

Look, I love the Drunken Master as much as anyone, but he's not on Campbell's level. If they fought, I'd look for either a late round stoppage or UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Snuff Armstrong View Post
      Why do I see Agustus prevailing in this one? Is it because hes probably the better boxer? Hmm. I dont know. I like this one though.
      Another good fight for Nate @ 140.

Hmm I dunno either, but I sure like to see it.

Comment

Well Nate probably will not be as gassed as he appeared to be last night when he moves up to 140. He may receive more endurance but he will not become a better fighter. If he fought Emmanuel he would definately need to keep a hectic pace up throughout. It might come down to what Emmanuel Agustus shows up.

Comment

Two hard nose, hard driven, OG's. If Agustus was a to be driven a bit harder and take his career along with the fight serious, it could be a long night for Nate. This defiantely has distance written all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snuff Armstrong View Post
            Prime Emanuel Augustus would win, dude would rip Nate on the inside. Watch him against Ward, which I felt he won that fight

Since we're talkin NOW...Nate would win a U.D but I would count Augustus out

Comment

If Augustus had fulfilled his potential, perhaps. Unfortunately he's past his prime and inconsistent in his preparation. Being as such, he's not at the championship level.

Comment

As tough and gritty as Nate is, regardless of his weight, he probably is on the beginning of his slope downward. With that being said, Augustus already sloped down and out. Thats what makes this fight even more compelling.

Comment

Augustus had the talent to be a good fighter, as showed this beating the likes Jonathan Thaxton,Terrell Finger who was unbeaten at the time, and pushing Micky Ward to the wire at 2 weeks notice and giving Floyd Mayweather Jr all he could handle before being stopped.

But now to match him up with Nate Campbell the former undisputed lighweight champion, who is on a 6 fight win streak, and in those wins has beaten Juan Diaz and Ali Funeka, and only lost his belt on the scales would be pretty silly fight and one that i dout Nate would want.

In Augustus last 7 fights he's lost 3 of them, and is coming of a lost even do it was a shady against decent Francisco Figueroa.

And his record now stands at 74 fights won 38 losing 30 and drawing 6. So i think this fight is a silly one, and not a fight many would want to see to be onest and Augustus isn't even a top 20 fighter no more, and probaly no networks would interested in it and Nate also probaly wants big payday fights.

Comment

I agree. Im sure Nate isnt looking at Agustus as his coming out party at 140. But he may have to negate to that if he dont step his game up. He was visibly gassed and will need to be prepared much better then that even against the likes of a Emmanuel Agustus who fights at a frantic pace, let alone the other top guns at 140 like Hatton and Pacquiao, and the young guns like Alexander and Ortiz. I love Nate, but he cant afford to age or get tired with anyone in the deep 140 pound class.

Comment

Working...
                    X