No announcement yet.

any american car owners here? or fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
    i don't know the general price tags for each make and model you listed, but i would assume you would need more than 10,000 USD to buy a well maintained one. unless you're looking to buy one and turn it into a project. i'm into mid-late 60s/early 70s muscle cars. i wouldn't look into buying one with less than $15,000 (12,000 at the least if you know what you're looking for.)
    also, you listed quite a wide variety of different cars. i would suggest to really research and check out all these different cars and narrow down what exactly you are seriously into owning/buying. after that, hit up the classifieds or whatever to see what's out there. not sure how the market is in the uk for these types of cars though.

EDIT just looked around at some of the cars you listed. they're not as expensive as i originally thought. you could find some of them with $10k. have you looked around and found listings for these cars in the uk?
    all on the list ive found on uk for sale sites

Comment

thanks to everyone who gave me some info on different things, i appreciate it,

Comment

Ts said for around 10 grand. That excludes any cherry famous muscle car automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Ts said for around 10 grand. That excludes any cherry famous muscle car automatically.
          Kinda just depends on how big of a market is around him.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/3559622063.html

^try to get the car arounr 5k-5.5k, but 6 is manegable. Spend about a k on overboring the engine, replacing alternator, battery, spark plugs, fluids and.filters, carbeurator, etc.

Spend 1-2k on a paint job. Spend 1-2k on the interior.

Maybe there will be a little work he'll have to do later on, but what car is this not true for. Point is he can get a pretty cherry ride for 10k. Just for instance.

Comment

most muscle cars ive seen over here are very expensive, i'm talking 69 camaro, 69 charger, 68 challenger etc, go for anything from £16,000 to around £22,000 say around $32,000 to $44,000. ive even see a couple of complete overhauls and listed at $80,000 to $85,000....so there are def off my list lol

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
              Kinda just depends on how big of a market is around him.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/3559622063.html

^try to get the car arounr 5k-5.5k, but 6 is manegable. Spend about a k on overboring the engine, replacing alternator, battery, spark plugs, fluids and.filters, carbeurator, etc.

Spend 1-2k on a paint job. Spend 1-2k on the interior.

Maybe there will be a little work he'll have to do later on, but what car is this not true for. Point is he can get a pretty cherry ride for 10k. Just for instance.
              I stays on dat craigslist trying to cop a good deal. But that Nova isn't cherry & 9 times out of 10, those cars are rust buckets. Frame off resto's are usually needed. That is a fortune. Which is why the cherry 1's are buku dollars.

Comment

Working...
              X