Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia: We trained to knock Adrien Broner's Ass out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia: We trained to knock Adrien Broner's Ass out!

On Saturday night, Dec. 14, Argentina’s Marcos Maidana capped off an incredible year in boxing by hammering out a huge upset victory over previously-undefeated Adrien “The Problem” Broner inside of the Alamodome in San Antonio, Tex.

Maidana (35-3, 31 KO’s) was aggressive from the sound of the first bell. Broner (27-1, 22 KO’s) opted not use his feet like some felt he could and would, as was the case in his fights with Gavin Rees and Paulie Malignaggi earlier this year.

In the second round, Maidana began to touch Broner with short, powerful shots on the inside, as a crunching left hook sent the Cincinnati native to the canvas. [Click Here To Read More]

Well done, Garcia and co. Capping off an excellent 2013 and well deserving of another trainer of the year award.
    Last edited by Kiddoe; 12-15-2013, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Well you did a damn fine job Garcia.

Comment

Round 2...A Broner: Hey ref, hey ref ,hey ref he's hurting me..hey ref hey ref
        he's hurting me!!!

Comment

At least he admits AB was better than they thought. It was a well executed plan, nonetheless. One hell of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiddoe View Post
            Well done, Garcia and co. Capping off an excellent 2013 and well deserving of another trainer of the year award.
            you can't be trainer of the year when one of your guys gets busted for a PED. not tryna make fun of the situation, but you can't reward a trainer after something like that.

Comment

Garcia had the perfect gameplan and maidana executed it perfectly. Jabbing, doubling the jab setting up shots with the jab punches in bunches feinting to the body then punching to the head, just perfect!!! I think bringing in the veteran stevie forbes as a sparring partner really helped too.

Comment

On All Access, Garcia had said after watching videos of Broner, Rees in particular, he noticed Broner started off very slow for the first couple rounds, and that Maidana would attack from the first bell and exploit it, and that is exactly what he did.

Great gameplan by Garcia, and execution by Chino.

Comment

When does a Garcia trained fighter NOT train for the knock out? lmao

Comment

Originally posted by JaYDeuce11 View Post
                    When does a Garcia trained fighter NOT train for the knock out? lmao
                    I dont think mikey does hes very tactical and patient

Comment

Working...
                    X