No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Trout: Mayweather Boxing Club Insiders Discuss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo-Trout: Mayweather Boxing Club Insiders Discuss

On Friday afternoon, junior middleweight belt holders Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez and Austin ‘No Doubt’ Trout caused quite a stir when they took to their personal Twitter accounts to all but announce that a May 4th clash is taking place between them.

Upon hearing word of the fight, several boxing insiders chimed in with their two cents on what figures to be a compelling and evenly-matched affair. While Alvarez is one of boxing’s rising stars, Trout is coming off of a career-best win this past December over proven veteran Miguel Cotto. [Click Here To Read More]

The usual horse-manure one finds on these blogs..
    Mosley was destroyed by Canelo and I don't know what the big deal was about Trout eking out a win. Canelo
    will wear him down and knock him--Trout--out. Mosley should've retired after the 2nd Margarito bout where he was about to be knocked out when NY offs stepped in to save him.

Comment

Originally posted by peter stark View Post
      The usual horse-manure one finds on these blogs..
      Mosley was destroyed by Canelo and I don't know what the big deal was about Trout eking out a win. Canelo
      will wear him down and knock him--Trout--out. Mosley should've retired after the 2nd Margarito bout where he was about to be knocked out when NY offs stepped in to save him.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2nd Margarito fight????? What the truck are you talking about? Shane destroyed Marga-cheato. Which fight are you talking about here!
      Shane should have retired after the Mayweather fight which I assume is what you wanted to say?

Comment

If you want to be honest, neither one of them have really fought anyone special. Cotto was past his prime and so was Mosley. This is a good step up fight for both and is pretty much a pick em going into it.

Comment

Pick 'em fight. My only prediction will be that if Canelo wins, it will be by way of KO, and if Trout wins, it will be by way of UD. Can't wait for this PPV. I will definitely be housing a party for this scrap.

Comment

I think it's going to be a real competitive fight. A lot of high volume exchanges with clean punches landing. I think Canelo is the more polished boxer with more natural gifts. Trout will have a size advantage with a longer reach and he knows how to use it at times. Excellent fight...I can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Mzembe View Post
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2nd Margarito fight????? What the truck are you talking about? Shane destroyed Marga-cheato. Which fight are you talking about here!
              Shane should have retired after the Mayweather fight which I assume is what you wanted to say?
              Pretty sure he meant Cotto should have stayed retired after 2nd Margarito fight. The part about "nearly being KTFO before being rescued by NYSAC" suggests that, along with his downplaying of Trout's win over Cotto while celebrating Canelo's win over ancient Shane

Comment

Very evenly match hard to pick....leaning towards Canelo as of now, but I reserv the right to change my mind in the next few weeks.

Comment

i think trout outboxes the flat footed canelo...trout will use his movement, jab, and somewhat awkward style to frustrate canelo...only way i can see canelo having any success is if he traps trout against the ropes..

Comment

trout will get robbed... GBP wouldn't let their cash cow get beat by decision

Comment

Working...
                    X