Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOP RANK trying to get chavez jr to sign contract extension in order to fight on 16th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOP RANK trying to get chavez jr to sign contract extension in order to fight on 16th

of june, chavez jr refusing, over at floydhype.

thoughts?

Post the article.

Comment

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content12027.html

Comment

Yea, saw that.

I think Top Rank is in some trouble moving forward. Not saying they're going to lose Chavez but if they did, with Manny on the verge of retirement and Cotto gone, they have nobody in their stable to lure FA's with.

I think Arum's gotta realize that his grudges are getting to a point where they're hurting the company. Chavez is another who realizes that he's a draw on his own and doesn't need to bind himself to anything.

For the first time, I'm actually beginning to think that GBP is winning.....

Comment

u cant copy and paste from there

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            Post the article.
            the main part:

I'm okay with whoever they choose for me to fight. I trust Top Rank. They are my promoter. They're very good promoters, but I want to make one thing very clear, I will not be forced to sign extensions to get my fights that are owed to me...I look forward to fighting on HBO in El Paso on June 16th, but if I'm going to be forced to sign an extension, I will choose to fight in Mexico instead, probably in Culiacán...I have not spoke to Bob Arum directly, but I am told that they want me to sign an extension in order to get a fight. I want it to be clear that I will not sign any extension in order to get my June fight," stated WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., who talked about his tentatively scheduled return to the ring on June 16th. During a recent 3-way phone call, Julio revealed that he was told by his promotional company that he must sign a 2-fight contract extension before they would secure him a replacement opponent.

Comment

If he leaves Top Rank the Martinez fight happens right away.

Comment

lol at bob trying to slip in an extra couple of fights in the contract.

Comment

People are realizing that Bob is a ****ing scumbag!!

I hope Chavez leaves him!!

Comment

Hope Chavez leaves him honestly.

Comment

Working...
                    X