Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Canelo Alvarez looked like the typical Mexican fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Why all the hate for Canelo?

Is it for the same reason as the hate for Calzaghe, the Klitschkos, etc?
    I don't think there's any racial thing about people hating on Canelo, he has some indigenous blood looking at 2 of his brothers that are "morenos".

It's more about the hype he gets, and how GBP protects him, Lara a GBP fighter is now in the shadows thanks to Canelo, and even tough Lara is one of his fighters GBP will try to dissapear him slowly, so he will not be a treat to Canelo.

People in Mexico hate Canelo a lot, because Televisa always sells his opponents as the best ever, and people are not fools and now they are putting him vs smaller fighters like Jose Cotto and Matt Hatton, or shot fighters like Mosley and Cintron

They are now calling him Grandpacutioner or "Mataviejitos"
    Last edited by ksan; 06-24-2012, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ksan View Post
      I don't think there's any racial thing about people hating on Canelo, he has some indigenous blood looking at 2 of his brothers that are "morenos".

It's more about the hype he gets, and how GBP protects him, Lara a GBP fighter is now in the shadows thanks to Canelo, and even tough Lara is one of his fighters GBP will try to dissapear him slowly, so he will not be a treat to Canelo.

People in Mexico hate Canelo a lot, because Televisa always sells his opponents as the best ever, and people are not fools and now they are putting him vs smaller fighters like Jose Cotto and Matt Hatton, or shot fighters like Mosley and Cintron

White guys in the US who claim to have Cherokee, or Navajo blood. Still put White in Job applications?

Comment

Originally posted by Pacroid View Post
        White guys in the US who claim to have Cherokee, or Navajo blood. Still put White in Job applications?

You should ask that to this guy

Comment

I agree with you in Televisa issue.

I remember they were doing more promotion to him against Mosley, than promoting the main event that was Mayweather vs Cotto.

Televisa should disappear seriously

Comment

Originally posted by Pacroid View Post
            I agree with you in Televisa issue.

I remember they were doing more promotion to him against Mosley, than promoting the main event that was Mayweather vs Cotto.

Televisa should disappear seriously
            Canelo is their boxing Memo Ochoa

Comment

wait i thought he was worshiped over there? i keep hearing about all the stadiums he fills so what happened? did the "but he looks white" novelty wear off? the mexicans finally seeing what i see? so much hype and gloss over this bum... GBP should be ashamed.

Comment

Originally posted by jurob View Post
                He wouldn't be ****! After JCC beats Martinez I hope Alvarez goes up in weight to fight Chavez and we will see him exposed.

And yes, I think JCC beats a very overrated Martinez. No, I don't think JCC is a great fighter, but a solid fighter.
                you mean a steroid fighter

Comment

I hate threads like these

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                    wait i thought he was worshiped over there? i keep hearing about all the stadiums he fills so what happened? did the "but he looks white" novelty wear off? the mexicans finally seeing what i see? so much hype and gloss over this bum... GBP should be ashamed.
                    You heard wrong.

Comment

I don't think there's any racial thing about people hating on Canelo, he has some indigenous blood looking at 2 of his brothers that are "morenos".[/B]
                      I think it's definitely because of the way he looks that people from some people from Mexico don't like him. It goes both ways really, if he was a "morenito" no one would pay attention to him, but since he's a red haired paled mexican people outside of mexico pay attention to him. Some people in Mexico usually hate or pick on the pale looking kid, they always make fun of him by calling him a "guerito."

Comment

Working...
                      X