No announcement yet.

Fight Night Champion appeals to only the non-boxing fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight Night Champion appeals to only the non-boxing fans

I decided to play Fight Night Champion after owning FNR4. The game is like a Rocky movie and that says it all.

Non-realistic punches - I am pretty sure IF David Haye or Lennox Lewis lands a right hand with your guard down, you will be KO'd instantly or brutally hurt.

Lack of 'boxing' - The game doesn't appeal or even cater for the likes of Floyd Mayweather, if you want to jab and move this should be taken into consideration by the judges but it doesn't.

Poor commentary - I am pretty sure Teddy Atlas on the game said he likes to bang on the inside when I wasn't even punching. Generic phrases.

Arm length issue - try throwing a left or right hook, the hook is exactly the same each time. Last time i was in the ring i could throw hooks based on how short or long and at different angles. The game cannot do this.

Ring Generalship - I don't think EA understand what this is. :@...

Lack of weight classes - since when was Hatton a welterweight? His career and peak was at Light Welterweight.

Create your own boxer - If i make someone 260lbs + 6'8 AND put all the sliders to the end and effectively make him 100 rating I should be able to KNOCK out a guy in 2 weight divisions lower with one or 2 right hands. It doesn't happen in the game.

The crowd are programmed to act the same - I find the whole experience of the game stupid, the crowd do the same thing over and over again, 'stand up wave and repeat'.

They just want to appeal to the mass market because they know that's what lines there pockets for $. I find casual boxing fans, "Don't know **** about boxing!" (spoken like Roger Mayweather ).. Like on the game they will spam with repeated uppercuts, AS IF THATS POSSIBLE in boxing? counter left hook will almost possibly end the night.

Id rate this game 3/10.

I enjoyed it...

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      I enjoyed it...
      Yes the rocky movies were great too.. and so was the game for its fun factor. But i think boxing pugilists want a "boxing" game.

Comment

Originally posted by SS25 View Post
        Yes the rocky movies were great too.. and so was the game for its fun factor. But i think boxing pugilists want a "boxing" game.
        I know what you mean, a boxing simulation would be great. It's just not economical. I would love to see it, you would love to see it, many I've talked to on this forum would want to see it. However, if it's a pure boxing strategy game then as you said it's not going to appeal to the casual market and they will lose money.

If boxing was as popular as it was in the 1900's-1970's then we would get away with a boxing simulation as the abundance of boxing fans would actually buy it. This isn't the case today however.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          I know what you mean, a boxing simulation would be great. It's just not economical. I would love to see it, you would love to see it, many I've talked to on this forum would want to see it. However, if it's a pure boxing strategy game then as you said it's not going to appeal to the casual market and they will lose money.

If boxing was as popular as it was in the 1900's-1970's then we would get away with a boxing simulation as the abundance of boxing fans would actually buy it. This isn't the case today however.
          That really does suck bad!
          I know people that still think Tyson is still around fighting!!
          I had a guy come round saying that Brit David Haye CANT punch...

I thought , and these are the guys that play Fifa 12 all day and night who 'dun know **** about boxing!'.

Comment

Originally posted by SS25 View Post
            That really does suck bad!
            I know people that still think Tyson is still around fighting!!
            I had a guy come round saying that Brit David Haye CANT punch...

I thought , and these are the guys that play Fifa 12 all day and night who 'dun know **** about boxing!'.
            A guy came up to me and asked for confirmation that "Tyson beat Ali, it's on youtube."

Comment

I really didn't like Champion. It was my least favorite Fight Night game.

Comment

There's never going to be a decently realistic boxing game.

It's just technically not plausible. Too many intricacies and details.

You're never going to have the emotions involved in boxing, and you're never going to have enough controls to micro-manage properly. Even if you did, it'd simply be too much to handle.

I don't see any way around that.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                  There's never going to be a decently realistic boxing game.

It's just technically not plausible. Too many intricacies and details.

You're never going to have the emotions involved in boxing, and you're never going to have enough controls to micro-manage properly. Even if you did, it'd simply be too much to handle.

I don't see any way around that.
                  Of course but they could certainly improve certain aspects of the game easily.

Comment

I think FNC and FNR4 are leagues ahead of the PS2 Fight Nights. I have a good one on my PSP, though. But, I wish they'd bring out a new Victorious Boxers. Also, bring Boxers Road stateside...WTF???

Comment

Working...
                    X