No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves: DeGale a Dirty Fighter, Dirrell is Much Better

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Groves: DeGale a Dirty Fighter, Dirrell is Much Better

British/Commonwealth super middleweight champion George Groves sparred with world ranked Andre Dirrel in preparation for this past Saturday's clash with domestic rival James DeGale. He said the sparring helped him a lot with the big majority decision win. He feels Dirrell is much better than DeGale in every category. After twelve rounds, Groves said DeGale is a very dirty fighter and hit him with his head and used a lot of elbows to open up the cuts on his forehead and eye.

[Click Here To Read More]

Dirrell is better than both imo. but we may never see him fight again

Comment

Groves won that fight hands down degale was fighting like oldhop elbows and headbutts

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
        Dirrell is better than both imo. but we may never see him fight again
        you are right. are you serious? I thought Dirrell announced recently he would probably be able to return shortly? I would be very upset, but understanding at the same time, if Dirrell can't fight anymore. I was always a fan, but became a big supporter after watching him CREATE the blueprint to beat AA (froch had to follow - dirrell did it first).

But for the Groves/Degale fight I still don't think that business is finished because neither of them "won" the fight, and while I have DeGale winning 115-114, I think it's fair Groves got the decision since he looked more "composed" throughout the fight. He appeared to be dictating the fight, even though Degale was coming forward and landed more hard, clean shots. I don't think Groves did any damage to Degale.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          British/Commonwealth super middleweight champion George Groves sparred with world ranked Andre Dirrel in preparation for this past Saturday's clash with domestic rival James DeGale. He said the sparring helped him a lot with the big majority decision win. He feels Dirrell is much better than DeGale in every category. After twelve rounds, Groves said DeGale is a very dirty fighter and hit him with his head and used a lot of elbows to open up the cuts on his forehead and eye.

[Click Here To Read More]
          Dirrell is an exceptional fighter and these guys should not be talking about DeGale and Dirrell in the same sentence.DeGale is too raw and Dirrell would take him out quickly.He needs another yr or 2 to get to Dirrell

Comment

That was one of my main reasons for picking Groves. You don't just get schooled by one of the most talented fighters in the game for 8 weeks to get beat by a mouthy prick named Degale. Dirrell is the one who should be given credit for exposing Abraham. Not only expose him, he ****ing stole his soul. You know you're good when you can make an undefeated professional lose his mind doing the sport he's been doing his whole life.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
              Dirrell is an exceptional fighter and these guys should not be talking about DeGale and Dirrell in the same sentence.DeGale is too raw and Dirrell would take him out quickly.He needs another yr or 2 to get to Dirrell
              Dirrell in another year or two SHOULD be the unified LHW champion....no question.

Comment

Groves is an idiot, ofcourse Dirrell is better at the moment. Lets see in two years thats all im saying...

Comment

That lucky pr/ck Groves should be ashamed of himself!!.. Degale was totally robbed imo, he was the one coming forward all night pressing the action, he was the one who rocked Groves several times and nearly knocked him down in the ninth, plus James finished the fight stronger but the UK screwed their best talent for that chinny joker Groves,

The fact that he keeps kissing Dirrell's backside tells you all you need to know!!.. he should be looking at Dirrell as a possible future opponant but the word on the street is Dirrell totally schooled him in sparring so i guess that fight won't be happening any time soon ,

Groves is getting too big for his boots but rest assured it will be Degale who goes further in his career, if James stays calm and keeps working hard he could one day challenge Andre Ward, he has the talent to make it a decent fight, but Groves wouldn't last five minuets with Ward imo, not now not ever.

Comment

OK James, calm down you lost!!! lol

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
                    That lucky pr/ck Groves should be ashamed of himself!!.. Degale was totally robbed imo, he was the one coming forward all night pressing the action, he was the one who rocked Groves several times and nearly knocked him down in the ninth, plus James finished the fight stronger but the UK screwed their best talent for that chinny joker Groves,

The fact that he keeps kissing Dirrell's backside tells you all you need to know!!.. he should be looking at Dirrell as a possible future opponant but the word on the street is Dirrell totally schooled him in sparring so i guess that fight won't be happening any time soon ,

Groves is getting too big for his boots but rest assured it will be Degale who goes further in his career, if James stays calm and keeps working hard he could one day challenge Andre Ward, he has the talent to make it a decent fight, but Groves wouldn't last five minuets with Ward imo, not now not ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X